Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:30 PM   #1
pectin232
macrumors regular

Difference between a iphone 3GS locked and unlocked. What is the difference

Difference between a iphone 3GS locked and unlocked. What is the difference? I am trying to sell my iPhone 3GS which is 5.1 or something.. I see people selling the iPhone 3GS unlocked and locked. What is the difference. I have changed phones since a year ago but am thinking of selling the iPhone 3GS since I do not use it anymore. there is a $100 difference between a lock and unlocked phone. Can I ask ATT to unlocked this phone then?
pectin232 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:33 PM   #2
matbook101
Banned

Unlocked means that you can use it on any carrier. Locked means that you can only use it on a set carrier. AT&T just started unlocking phones last Sunday, but people are having mixed results. Go to your AT&T store and hope things go well for you and/or the people there have actually heard of the recently announced unlock program.
matbook101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting