Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexArmani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Hi All I would like to share something with you guys. I was an iPhone4 user that enjoys all the apps and games alot But I needed an open system so I went to android SGS2 I had fun for a few months then Started Regretting. Android Market is full of Nonsense. Gameloft and Glu games Crashing I had all the fun in open system but apps totally sucks. I cant even find an app I like in SGS2.
There are pros and cons in iPhone4 for example you cant download anything from web browser without using an app Cant customize or download songs straight. But The AppStore OutWeigh all the cons. As for Android im utterly disappointed that Dual core lose to iPhone in speed and Battery life. I just got myself an iPad2 but I still love iphone. I hope apple will maybe increase the size of the screen to 4.3 inch It will be the best phone. So all of you iPhone users out there who complains about iphone and that Android is better. Think again Dont make the foolish mistake as me Switching over and Regretting later. Pls leave comments on what you think
Thanks all

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Hi All I would like to share something with you guys. I was an iPhone4 user that enjoys all the apps and games alot But I needed an open system so I went to android SGS2 I had fun for a few months then Started Regretting. Android Market is full of Nonsense. Gameloft and Glu games Crashing I had all the fun in open system but apps totally sucks. I cant even find an app I like in SGS2.
There are pros and cons in iPhone4 for example you cant download anything from web browser without using an app Cant customize or download songs straight. But The AppStore OutWeigh all the cons. As for Android im utterly disappointed that Dual core lose to iPhone in speed and Battery life. I just got myself an iPad2 but I still love iphone. I hope apple will maybe increase the size of the screen to 4.3 inch It will be the best phone. So all of you iPhone users out there who complains about iphone and that Android is better. Think again Dont make the foolish mistake as me Switching over and Regretting later. Pls leave comments on what you think
Thanks all

I switched to the skyrocket and couldn't be happier. Love the iphone. But wanted a change and any minor negatives for me have been outweighed by the positives. To each their own. Your mistake (nor anyone else's) is "foolish." There's nothing wrong with trying out different technologies and deciding for yourself (not for someone else) what is best.

mrbutters

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
As for Android im utterly disappointed that Dual core lose to iPhone in speed and Battery life

Just curious which iPhone is faster than the Galaxy SII? Even at 3G speeds the SII is usually faster and at 4G, its not even a contest. If you wanted great battery life, you should have looked at the Droid Razr Maxx. I will still be around 50% battery after my 4s is dead and thats with it running on a very fast LTE network. In the end, you need to choose whats right for you though.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
I'll whole heartedly disagree with any one that says "one phone is better than the rest". Because that statement is blatantly false.
Let me explain.
One phone that is perfect for me, meets all my needs, etc. will not be perfect for the next person.
Thus this phone is perfect, and then its not.

So to anyone saying that Android is better than iOS, or that iOS is better than Android, is merely showing that ignorance is limited to their own view point.
Just because you view something as better, or worse, does not mean the same to another person.

If your iPhone is great to you, then great! But if someone says "My SGSII is so far ahead of the iphone........" they too are right. But to me, they're wrong.

Its a simple logic: To each his own.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks all

sell SGS2 and go back to iphone

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Just curious which iPhone is faster than the Galaxy SII? Even at 3G speeds the SII is usually faster and at 4G, its not even a contest. If you wanted great battery life, you should have looked at the Droid Razr Maxx. I will still be around 50% battery after my 4s is dead and thats with it running on a very fast LTE network. In the end, you need to choose whats right for you though.

He was probably referring to CPU/GPU performance, opening apps and such. A friend of mine with Android was complaining to me yesterday about RAM usage on his device. Whenever he goes to a web page with a lot of graphics, Android will close other apps in the background that use ram...unfortunately that includes his home page and widgets. So if he pushes the home button after browsing for a bit, it literally takes 15+ seconds for the home page to open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
I switched to Android, a few months after the 4s came out. I've had a great experience with the phone, all of my favoriate apps and more are on the system so I don't miss out. Gave my 4s the my wife and we are both happy.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
He was probably referring to CPU/GPU performance, opening apps and such. A friend of mine with Android was complaining to me yesterday about RAM usage on his device. Whenever he goes to a web page with a lot of graphics, Android will close other apps in the background that use ram...unfortunately that includes his home page and widgets. So if he pushes the home button after browsing for a bit, it literally takes 15+ seconds for the home page to open.
Doubt it unless he has an old device or not setup properly, I multitask like a mofo, easily have a bunch of tabs running in Dolphin HD on graphic intensive sites as I'm always doing something for business when out and about or browsing etc and no problems with ram with other stuff running in the background.

Gotta say, it's my first Android device, which I was totally against before. But I love it. No crashes, no issues, no lag, just fast and smooth... more crashes and glitches on the iPhones even new 4S (which is our 2nd one after returning the first). I've had 1 force close since Nov when I got it, and that was on facebook.

davidra

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
So to anyone saying that Android is better than iOS, or that iOS is better than Android, is merely showing that ignorance is limited to their own view point.
Just because you view something as better, or worse, does not mean the same to another person.

Actually, there are absolutes. Is iOS 5.1 better than Android 2.0? Find me three people out of a hundred that would say no. Having used several Android phones and now having an iPhone, new android phones start off very well, but the two I had experience with began to slow down and consistently got more and more buggy as time went on. I would not consider getting any android phone that didn't have ICS, and the reason it's so good is because of the integration of a lot of WebOS characteristics into it....but as far as I'm concerned, the proof will be in the longer-term use, since carriers refuse in most cases to even update android phones, rendering them obsolete within six months. ICS looks great, is fast and smooth, but I'm not convinced yet. At least with iOS you know you will all be getting updated at the same time. There is a sense of stability about that that transcends screen size.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Doubt it unless he has an old device or not setup properly, I multitask like a mofo, easily have a bunch of tabs running in Dolphin HD on graphic intensive sites as I'm always doing something for business when out and about or browsing etc and no problems with ram with other stuff running in the background.

Gotta say, it's my first Android device, which I was totally against before. But I love it. No crashes, no issues, no lag, just fast and smooth... more crashes and glitches on the iPhones even new 4S (which is our 2nd one after returning the first). I've had 1 force close since Nov when I got it, and that was on facebook.

He's using the Samsung Captivate. I'm glad you aren't having any issues, but my friend is, and if the OP is claiming his phone is slower than the 2010 iPhone 4, it's possible he's having similar issues.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
What kind of catching up are you referring to?
Except for a larger screen and lte I cannot think of anything else.
I could care less about widgets on the home screen.

I prefer android web browsing capabilities. Since it can handle flash and you can click on links to videos and not get a pop up saying safari cant do that. Downloading files straight from the web. etc etc.

USB hosting is a big thing for me especially on a tablet. If I plug a mouse into my tablet I expect a mouse to pop up on the screen. That's the main reason I gave my iPad 2 to my gf and still use an android tablet. Since I sit on the couch and mirror the tablet to my HDTV is nice to just have a wireless keyboard and mouse and the tablet on a dock.

I think all apple has to do is just tweak a couple minor things and iOS would be 100x better (for me). I have had my fair share of quirks with android that still keeps iOS high on my list.

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
I prefer android web browsing capabilities. Since it can handle flash and you can click on links to videos and not get a pop up saying safari cant do that. Downloading files straight from the web. etc etc.

USB hosting is a big thing for me especially on a tablet. If I plug a mouse into my tablet I expect a mouse to pop up on the screen. That's the main reason I gave my iPad 2 to my gf and still use an android tablet. Since I sit on the couch and mirror the tablet to my HDTV is nice to just have a wireless keyboard and mouse and the tablet on a dock.

I think all apple has to do is just tweak a couple minor things and iOS would be 100x better (for me). I have had my fair share of quirks with android that still keeps iOS high on my list.

I too was initially hoping that flash support would one day come to ios but seeing it run on android devices I think apple made the right choice.
The mobile version of flash (Android) makes the browser lag and drains the battery heavily. At least flash can be disabled in that case.

I agree that having more input options on the ipad would be nice. I personally am hoping for gamepad support to use with imame.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
I too was initially hoping that flash support would one day come to ios but seeing it run on android devices I think apple made the right choice.
The mobile version of flash (Android) makes the browser lag and drains the battery heavily. At least flash can be disabled in that case.

I agree that having more input options on the ipad would be nice. I personally am hoping for gamepad support to use with imame.

I agree. Whenever I compare my iPhone to a co-workers new Android device, I simply go to a news site, click on a video, and it plays almost immediately at 30 frames per second (or whatever the video is set to). The site is clearly detecting the iPhone and serving up HTML5 video.

On the Android device, it loads the flash player version. After literally a minute of loading, half the time the video plays and half the time it just sits there. When it does actually play, it's at about 1-2 frames per second.

It's clear why Adobe dropped their mobile flash player.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I'll whole heartedly disagree with any one that says "one phone is better than the rest". Because that statement is blatantly false.
Let me explain.
One phone that is perfect for me, meets all my needs, etc. will not be perfect for the next person.
Thus this phone is perfect, and then its not.

If your iPhone is great to you, then great! But if someone says "My SGSII is so far ahead of the iphone........" they too are right. But to me, they're wrong.

Its a simple logic: To each his own.

Well said.
We dont all have the same needs, wants, opinions or likes and dislikes.
Not one phone is perfect for every single person out there.
Good to have choices.

naths

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Bristol.UK
Screen size is exactly what I'm on about!
The speed of the 4S is also pretty good on a par with the SGS2, but thats about to be eclipsed by the SGS3, already well beaten by the HTC One X, i could go on and on and on, at the end of the day i was finding the 4S screen to small for me, and with the HTC One X i'v found the perfect phone for what i need, i wear glasses for reading and was always putting them on and off with the 4S, not anymore, so thats perfect for me, and everyone has their own reason for buying whichever phone they like the best, i'v tried the 4S, yep great phone and no doubt will be for a while, i just prefer the android OS now.
I don't mean any offence by calling some of the people on here sheep, but there are people on here who would buy a old nokia 3100 and if it had an apple logo on it would say its the best phone ever!!!....
Everything apple makes is not the best, far from it, i mean Nokia's 808 pureview phone with its 41mp sensor is by far the best smartphone camera, yet I'm sure there will be people on here saying "not as good as the 4S"....

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I agree. Whenever I compare my iPhone to a co-workers new Android device, I simply go to a news site, click on a video, and it plays almost immediately at 30 frames per second (or whatever the video is set to). The site is clearly detecting the iPhone and serving up HTML5 video.

On the Android device, it loads the flash player version. After literally a minute of loading, half the time the video plays and half the time it just sits there. When it does actually play, it's at about 1-2 frames per second.

It's clear why Adobe dropped their mobile flash player.

that tell me someone is making the site very very wrong. If it detects a mobile browser it should try to run the HTML5 video first and then worry about the flash version of it. It would be a simple fix to change the run order. It is just piss poor design and coding.

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks all

I'm going the opposite direction, going to Android for the first time. Not going for galaxy S2 though but going for the HTC One Series because its custom overlay and ICS will finally bring me something different from the iOS interface.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Screen size is exactly what I'm on about!
The speed of the 4S is also pretty good on a par with the SGS2, but thats about to be eclipsed by the SGS3, already well beaten by the HTC One X, i could go on and on and on, at the end of the day i was finding the 4S screen to small for me, and with the HTC One X i'v found the perfect phone for what i need, i wear glasses for reading and was always putting them on and off with the 4S, not anymore, so thats perfect for me, and everyone has their own reason for buying whichever phone they like the best, i'v tried the 4S, yep great phone and no doubt will be for a while, i just prefer the android OS now.
I don't mean any offence by calling some of the people on here sheep, but there are people on here who would buy a old nokia 3100 and if it had an apple logo on it would say its the best phone ever!!!....
Everything apple makes is not the best, far from it, i mean Nokia's 808 pureview phone with its 41mp sensor is by far the best smartphone camera, yet I'm sure there will be people on here saying "not as good as the 4S"....

Sorry, there has yet to be an Android phone released that beats the iPhone 4S in CPU or GPU benchmarks. It is indisputably the fastest phone on the market.

What makes you think otherwise?

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Sorry, there has yet to be an Android phone released that beats the iPhone 4S in CPU or GPU benchmarks. It is indisputably the fastest phone on the market.

HTC One X and HTC One S with Snapdragon S4 "Krait" processor matches up with Nvidia tegra 3 quad core processor with only 2 cores. HTC One Series will put A5 chip in the iPhone to shame if they are matched up together...

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
I switched to the skyrocket and couldn't be happier. Love the iphone. But wanted a change and any minor negatives for me have been outweighed by the positives. To each their own. Your mistake (nor anyone else's) is "foolish." There's nothing wrong with trying out different technologies and deciding for yourself (not for someone else) what is best.

I have the same phone. Love it.

BTW, you know you can get a 2250mA battery for the phone from Amazon for $11! Same size as the stock one, so the back plate doesn't need to be changed. Gives you an additional 20% usage. The stock battery is only 1850mA, by comparison. Puts the Skyrocket in the same league as the 4s, in terms of usage time between charges. I get a tax over 12 hours with live wallpaper, brightness set on auto, normal web and emails through out the day, playing a few games, active widgets, vibration on and NoLED notifications active in standby mode.
Put normal wallpaper on, turn off vibration, set brightness to 20-30% and turn of notifications in standby mode and you are likely to get over 16 hours of normal usage. I don't bother, since I now have a Spare battery that will give me another 6-8 hours of use.

Last edited:

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
that tell me someone is making the site very very wrong. If it detects a mobile browser it should try to run the HTML5 video first and then worry about the flash version of it. It would be a simple fix to change the run order. It is just piss poor design and coding.
I just went on some news sites and they worked fine on my GSII, vids loaded pretty much instantly when clicked. If a site gives any issues on either OS it's b/c of poor html5 coding.... I've yet to have an problem streaming or playing vids from sites.

mrbutters

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012

The Galaxy Nexus actually beat the 4s awhile back

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Galaxy-Nexus-Benchmarks-iPhone-4S-Speed-Fastest-Phone,news-13257.html

Id imagine the HTC One X will be faster as well. Hardly matters though since the 4s only runs over 3G networks. All of the benchmarks don't mean much when you compare 3G to LTE.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
i mean Nokia's 808 pureview phone with its 41mp sensor is by far the best smartphone camera, yet I'm sure there will be people on here saying "not as good as the 4S"....

While Nokia's Lumia series (running Windows Phone 7.5) are very good phones, near enough no one tech savvy will touch anything running Symbian no matter how good the camera happens to be. If they put a 41 megapixel camera on a WP7 phone, that would have been a better move. Symbian is the worst mobile operating system around, it's just a good thing it won't be around any longer.

naths

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Bristol.UK
While Nokia's Lumia series (running Windows Phone 7.5) are very good phones, near enough no one tech savvy will touch anything running Symbian no matter how good the camera happens to be. If they put a 41 megapixel camera on a WP7 phone, that would have been a better move. Symbian is the worst mobile operating system around, it's just a good thing it won't be around any longer.

lol....very true....:)

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
The Galaxy Nexus actually beat the 4s awhile back

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Galaxy-Nexus-Benchmarks-iPhone-4S-Speed-Fastest-Phone,news-13257.html

Id imagine the HTC One X will be faster as well. Hardly matters though since the 4s only runs over 3G networks. All of the benchmarks don't mean much when you compare 3G to LTE.

That's why I specified "CPU and GPU benchmarks".

selection042.png

It beat the iPhone in one particular browser test, while losing in another. This is a browser benchmark, not a CPU or GPU benchmark. It made headlines because it was the first time any Android phone beat the latest iPhone in any benchmark, but my point stands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.