Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:21 AM   #51
LxHunter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacphoner View Post
Ditto! I have to agree with you. I wish they had came out this product long time ago since I had been investing on various types of screen protector films. But I have been reading a few articles of the bubbles forming when applying the Glas.t. T.T I felt back because I was the one who introduced them into purchasing this item.
No bubbles here. Only problem is a few tiny dust specks - even after running the shower - I think removing the protective film creates a small static charge that attracts particles. Of course, since it is glass I can't lift with tape and remove the particles as I can on a plastic protector. If you are fanatic about dust specks this is not the protector for you unless you have access to a clean room at a microprocessor factory.

Still think it is the best protector for me.
LxHunter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:28 PM   #52
white4s
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy macgrady View Post
I never use a screen protector because I have a back cover and that is enough.
back cover wont do much for the lcd lol
white4s is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:27 PM   #53
white4s
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy macgrady View Post
I use my finger to control the screen, I can not imagine how my fingers can hurt my screen. If your iphone dropped ,screen protector is not enough for protecting it.
like i said a back cover wont do anything for the lcd if it's dropped

not even sure what you mean by a back cover anyway
white4s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:42 PM   #54
Boston Rhett
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DC
I currently have the Power Support anti-glare on my phone, I've been using it for about 4 months now. But I'm considering switching over to a crystal set soon because I miss the retina display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy macgrady View Post
I use my finger to control the screen, I can not imagine how my fingers can hurt my screen. If your iphone dropped ,screen protector is not enough for protecting it.
Your fingers might not scratch the screen, but keys, loose change, dirt, sand, etc. certainly can. The screen is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof.
Boston Rhett is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:03 PM   #55
Minhimalism
macrumors 6502a
 
Minhimalism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Rhett View Post
I currently have the Power Support anti-glare on my phone, I've been using it for about 4 months now. But I'm considering switching over to a crystal set soon because I miss the retina display.



Your fingers might not scratch the screen, but keys, loose change, dirt, sand, etc. certainly can. The screen is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof.
I have a PS anti-glare as well (it's my second one, I removed my old one a while back, just got a new phone..). I've decided that it's worth it just because the phone stays so clean and the clarity isn't too drastically reduced. D: I had a clear protector and once that oleophobic coating ran out of juice, man, that thing fingerprinted half way to hell and was gross.

Random but I got a matte back screen protector today.. totally recommend it. Feels durable and definitely doesn't scratch as easy / as much as the clear ones for the back!
__________________
iPhone 6; MacBook Air
Twitter Instagram Flickr deviantART
Minhimalism is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:37 PM   #56
GalvaJ
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Power Support

I agree with Minhimalism. The Anti-Glare film from Power Support is fantastic. I've been rocking my 4S naked with the PS AG on front and a AG back from The HiShop and it looks great. The phone always has a clean, fingerprint free look to it and the feel of the film on the finger tip is awesome. Definitely worth the little bit of screen clarity given up if you ask me.
GalvaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:59 PM   #57
Munkypoo7
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalvaJ View Post
I agree with Minhimalism. The Anti-Glare film from Power Support is fantastic. I've been rocking my 4S naked with the PS AG on front and a AG back from The HiShop and it looks great. The phone always has a clean, fingerprint free look to it and the feel of the film on the finger tip is awesome. Definitely worth the little bit of screen clarity given up if you ask me.
After going from a PS Antiglare to a Glas.T, there is a huge difference in screen clarity.

It's as if you're comparing a BlackBerry from 2004 to a naked 4S, it's not worth the tradeoff imo.
Munkypoo7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:51 PM   #58
GalvaJ
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post
After going from a PS Antiglare to a Glas.T, there is a huge difference in screen clarity.

It's as if you're comparing a BlackBerry from 2004 to a naked 4S, it's not worth the tradeoff imo.
That's a bit of an exaggeration I'd say lol. But every person has their own preference as to what they like. Some aren't willing to give up any clarity while some are. Sometimes I do switch over to a crystal film but after a while I come back to the AG.
GalvaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:53 AM   #59
white4s
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy macgrady View Post
I mean if your iphone dropped, screen protector can not protect lcd more.
ohh, yea they're not made for that type of protection
white4s is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:03 PM   #60
GalvaJ
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy macgrady View Post
I mean if your iphone dropped, screen protector can not protect lcd more.
Screen protectors are made for scratch protection not drop protection.
GalvaJ is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do screen protectors ruin the quality of the screen? numbchicken iPhone Accessories 12 Jun 28, 2013 04:42 PM
Do screen protectors/shields strip oleophobic coating from screen if removed? IUBall22 iPhone 2 Oct 17, 2012 01:59 PM
screen protectors are a must? Trance iPad Accessories 34 Jun 15, 2012 02:59 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC