Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:21 AM   #51
LxHunter
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacphoner View Post
Ditto! I have to agree with you. I wish they had came out this product long time ago since I had been investing on various types of screen protector films. But I have been reading a few articles of the bubbles forming when applying the Glas.t. T.T I felt back because I was the one who introduced them into purchasing this item.
No bubbles here. Only problem is a few tiny dust specks - even after running the shower - I think removing the protective film creates a small static charge that attracts particles. Of course, since it is glass I can't lift with tape and remove the particles as I can on a plastic protector. If you are fanatic about dust specks this is not the protector for you unless you have access to a clean room at a microprocessor factory.

Still think it is the best protector for me.
LxHunter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:28 PM   #52
white4s
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy macgrady View Post
I never use a screen protector because I have a back cover and that is enough.
back cover wont do much for the lcd lol
white4s is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:27 PM   #53
white4s
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I use my finger to control the screen, I can not imagine how my fingers can hurt my screen. If your iphone dropped ,screen protector is not enough for protecting it.
like i said a back cover wont do anything for the lcd if it's dropped

not even sure what you mean by a back cover anyway
white4s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:42 PM   #54
Boston Rhett
macrumors regular

I currently have the Power Support anti-glare on my phone, I've been using it for about 4 months now. But I'm considering switching over to a crystal set soon because I miss the retina display.

Quote:
I use my finger to control the screen, I can not imagine how my fingers can hurt my screen. If your iphone dropped ,screen protector is not enough for protecting it.
Your fingers might not scratch the screen, but keys, loose change, dirt, sand, etc. certainly can. The screen is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof.
Boston Rhett is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:03 PM   #55
Minhimalism
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Rhett View Post
I currently have the Power Support anti-glare on my phone, I've been using it for about 4 months now. But I'm considering switching over to a crystal set soon because I miss the retina display.

Your fingers might not scratch the screen, but keys, loose change, dirt, sand, etc. certainly can. The screen is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof.
I have a PS anti-glare as well (it's my second one, I removed my old one a while back, just got a new phone..). I've decided that it's worth it just because the phone stays so clean and the clarity isn't too drastically reduced. D: I had a clear protector and once that oleophobic coating ran out of juice, man, that thing fingerprinted half way to hell and was gross.

Random but I got a matte back screen protector today.. totally recommend it. Feels durable and definitely doesn't scratch as easy / as much as the clear ones for the back!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:37 PM   #56
GalvaJ
macrumors regular

Power Support

I agree with Minhimalism. The Anti-Glare film from Power Support is fantastic. I've been rocking my 4S naked with the PS AG on front and a AG back from The HiShop and it looks great. The phone always has a clean, fingerprint free look to it and the feel of the film on the finger tip is awesome. Definitely worth the little bit of screen clarity given up if you ask me.
GalvaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:59 PM   #57
Munkypoo7
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalvaJ View Post
I agree with Minhimalism. The Anti-Glare film from Power Support is fantastic. I've been rocking my 4S naked with the PS AG on front and a AG back from The HiShop and it looks great. The phone always has a clean, fingerprint free look to it and the feel of the film on the finger tip is awesome. Definitely worth the little bit of screen clarity given up if you ask me.
After going from a PS Antiglare to a Glas.T, there is a huge difference in screen clarity.

It's as if you're comparing a BlackBerry from 2004 to a naked 4S, it's not worth the tradeoff imo.
Munkypoo7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:51 PM   #58
GalvaJ
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post
After going from a PS Antiglare to a Glas.T, there is a huge difference in screen clarity.

It's as if you're comparing a BlackBerry from 2004 to a naked 4S, it's not worth the tradeoff imo.
That's a bit of an exaggeration I'd say lol. But every person has their own preference as to what they like. Some aren't willing to give up any clarity while some are. Sometimes I do switch over to a crystal film but after a while I come back to the AG.
GalvaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:53 AM   #59
white4s
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I mean if your iphone dropped, screen protector can not protect lcd more.
ohh, yea they're not made for that type of protection
white4s is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:03 PM   #60
GalvaJ
macrumors regular

Quote:
I mean if your iphone dropped, screen protector can not protect lcd more.
Screen protectors are made for scratch protection not drop protection.
GalvaJ is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories