Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:12 PM   #1
dogthateats
macrumors member

Multiple Cloud Services

Are there any iPad apps where I can easily access my Dropbox, Box.net, and sugarsync accounts in a centralized location? Would it be easier to sync all of my files into just one of these services and pay for the added storage that I would need? Would an app like Goodreader be able to accomplish this? Does anyone else use multiple cloud services? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help.
dogthateats is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:43 AM   #2
kooskoos1814
macrumors member

iFiles is great (the app store app, not the jail broken one iFile).
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:47 AM   #3
Menel
macrumors 601

I only use dropbox, account is at 8% of 18.2gb so dont have that problem.

RSS feeds hint at Google Drive next week. Id wait before you pay for any quite yet.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:26 PM   #4
dogthateats
macrumors member

I'm not sure whether or not this is related to my initial query but can someone please explain to me what webdav is? I tried to google it but i'm not real savvy on a lot of the server talk and was just wondering if it was something more simple since so many apps reference it. Thanks again.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:50 PM   #5
gorskiegangsta
macrumors 65816

iUnarchive is able to connect to many different cloud services and it has a WebDav function.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:06 AM   #6
b.c.
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogthateats View Post
Are there any iPad apps where I can easily access my Dropbox, Box.net, and sugarsync accounts in a centralized location? Would it be easier to sync all of my files into just one of these services and pay for the added storage that I would need? Would an app like Goodreader be able to accomplish this?
yes GoodReader will do what you want. I use it with Dropbox and Box.net but they support lots of other services too.

from their website:
"Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you’ll be transferring files in a number of ways: directly from your computer over a USB cable or WiFi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with iDisk, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync, box.net and other WebDAV, AFP, FTP and SFTP servers."
b.c. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:26 PM   #7
dogthateats
macrumors member

Would you guys recommend goodreader for someone that does hardly any PDF annotation? When I do annotate I have been using the updated adobe app. I mostly am looking for a file manager type system for my iPad. I have some file management in mercury browser. Would I be able to transfer that over to goodreader? Maybe I will just check it out haha
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:35 PM   #8
b.c.
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogthateats View Post
Would you guys recommend goodreader for someone that does hardly any PDF annotation? When I do annotate I have been using the updated adobe app. I mostly am looking for a file manager type system for my iPad.
I use GoodReader mainly for remotely accessing documents from my Dropbox, and transferring/managing local copies of certain documents I want to have on my iPad. I don't use the PDF annotation feature.
b.c. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:56 PM   #9
dogthateats
macrumors member

Theres an app thats temporarily free today called iDownloadAll that I m going to give a try. Others may want to check it out.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps