Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jul 4, 2005, 07:08 PM   #1
cleanup
macrumors 68030

Arrange Menu Bar items?

How do you arrange Menu Bar items in the order that you please? I know that you can Command Drag and Drop them, but that only works with some menu items for some reason. Namely, the native Mac OS X items. Most other 3rd party icons in the menu bar can't be dragged and dropped. Is there any way to order them in a certain fashion short of closing the programs and reopening them in the right order... ?

Last edited by cleanup; Jul 5, 2005 at 08:55 AM.
cleanup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 08:06 AM   #2
20rogersc
macrumors 65816

I've only changed the order of a couple, but what I did was, as you suggested, close it on system preferences, and then open them again in order that you want from left to right.

::20ROGERSC::
20rogersc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 07:34 PM   #3
matticus008
macrumors 68040

In System Preferences, under Accounts, there is a Login Items tab. For your user account, move the programs that load in the menu bar into the correct order (right to left = top to bottom in the Login Items list). It will open those programs starting with the clock and move left toward the Apple logo. This is the best way to rearrange non-Apple software that I've found.

Last edited by matticus008; Jul 6, 2005 at 07:36 PM.
matticus008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 07:48 PM   #4
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticus008
In System Preferences, under Accounts, there is a Login Items tab. For your user account, move the programs that load in the menu bar into the correct order (right to left = top to bottom in the Login Items list). It will open those programs starting with the clock and move left toward the Apple logo. This is the best way to rearrange non-Apple software that I've found.
yep this is your best bet, the non-Apple ones are placed in order as you open them up so if they are start up they will open in that order, otherwise if you open it after start up they will always be on the leftmost side

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X