Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:11 AM   #1
tlc5377
macrumors newbie

Unhappy HELP! iphone 4s won't turn on ??

Okay, my iPhone got wet (not submerged in water, but just wet) while it was already turned off. Problem was, my friend had it for a day and left it in its otterbox case wet. I dried it off when she gave it back and i realized there was water inside the the case. I also vacuumed it for about an hour and waited about 12 hours before plugging it in to charge it. Now, it won't turn on at all with the exception of the light by the camera lens that just stays on/blinks as it pleases. Is there any hope of her surviving this?
tlc5377 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:53 AM   #2
normanbates
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc5377 View Post
Okay, my iPhone got wet (not submerged in water, but just wet) while it was already turned off. Problem was, my friend had it for a day and left it in its otterbox case wet. I dried it off when she gave it back and i realized there was water inside the the case. I also vacuumed it for about an hour and waited about 12 hours before plugging it in to charge it. Now, it won't turn on at all with the exception of the light by the camera lens that just stays on/blinks as it pleases. Is there any hope of her surviving this?
You may need to dissasemble it and make sure there is no water still on the board. It sounds like there is a short somewhere though
normanbates is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting