Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tlc5377

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Okay, my iPhone got wet (not submerged in water, but just wet) while it was already turned off. Problem was, my friend had it for a day and left it in its otterbox case wet. I dried it off when she gave it back and i realized there was water inside the the case. I also vacuumed it for about an hour and waited about 12 hours before plugging it in to charge it. Now, it won't turn on at all with the exception of the light by the camera lens that just stays on/blinks as it pleases. Is there any hope of her surviving this?

normanbates

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2011
Okay, my iPhone got wet (not submerged in water, but just wet) while it was already turned off. Problem was, my friend had it for a day and left it in its otterbox case wet. I dried it off when she gave it back and i realized there was water inside the the case. I also vacuumed it for about an hour and waited about 12 hours before plugging it in to charge it. Now, it won't turn on at all with the exception of the light by the camera lens that just stays on/blinks as it pleases. Is there any hope of her surviving this?

You may need to dissasemble it and make sure there is no water still on the board. It sounds like there is a short somewhere though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.