Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stardustrider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Hey there everyone,

Yesterday I decided to uninstall SBAdBlockToggle as it wasn't doing it job, as I was about to embark on a bit of a iDevice clean. After having resprung my device, the dock was missing, completely. I hadn't removed anything else yet, as it was the first on my 'list' of stuff to get rid of. I have had this issue once before, and had to restore the device as I couldn't figure out how to fix it then but restoring this time is less of an option, so I'm posting on here to ask for help!

This is was it looks like:

hEzKK.jpg

Also, the switcher background appears to be non-retina size?

hf9ME.jpg

Here's a little of everything installed via Cydia:

Code:
Activator
adv-cmds
Airplane SBSettings Toggle
Anicons
AppList
APR (/usr/lib)
APT 0.6 Transitional
APT 0.7 (apt-key)
APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
APT 0.7 Strict (lib)
Base Structure
Berkeley DB
BigBoss Icon Set
biteSMS
Bourne-Again SHell
BTstack
Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons
Bug Fix: Stuck Pages
bzip2
Core Utilities
Core Utilities (/bin)
cURL
CustomWidgetIcons
CyDelete
Cydia Installer
Cydia Translations
Darwin CC Tools
Darwin Tools
Debian Packager
Debian Utilities
Default HD SBSettings
Diff Utilities
diskdev-cmds
Erica Utilities
file-cmds
Find Utilities
Gawk
gettext
GNU Privacy Guard
grep
Grooveshark
GUI-GPG-SEC
gzip
iBlacklist
IconSupport
iFile
Infiniboard
Infinidock
Infinifolders
iWipe Cache
Landscape Lock Rotation
LayerSnapshotter
libexif
libffi
libhide
libstatusbar
libxml2
libxml2 Library
libzip
Link Identity Editor
LZMA Utils
Mobile Substrate
My3G
New Curses
OpenSSL
PAM (Apple)
PAM Modules
pcre
PhotoAlbums+ for iPhone
pincrush
PreferenceLoader
Profile Directory
Pull To Dismiss
Pull To Refresh for Mail
Python
readline
Repo Icons
Repo Setup Files
sandcastle
SBSettings
sbsettingstoggles
ScreenDimmer
sed
Serious SBSettings HD
shell-cmds
SiriPort
SpotRemover
SpringBoardAccess
SQLite 3.x
SQLite 3.x Library
Substrate Safe Mode
Sudo
system-cmds
Tab+
Tape Archive
UIKit Tools
unrar
unzip
UUID Generator
wget
WinterBoard
xCon
XML Parser Toolkit
Zephyr
zip
7-zip (POSIX)

I tried disabling IconSupport in the substrate (via SBS), but after several attempts and resprings, it wasn't doing so. I tried uninstalling WinterBoard (although no themes are used/applied) and no change. I uninstalled Infinifolders, nothing. I installed the other two Infini apps to see if they would kick start/fix the issue, nothing. I uninstalled GridLock (yet to reinstall), but no change. I even reinstalled IconSupport but it didn't work (so I then uninstalled/resprang/reinstalled but that didn't work either.) I ran iWipe Cache several times, nothing. I deleted all of the persistent springboard cache files, nothing. I can't think of anything else to try, does anyone have any tips or experience with this exact problem?

----------

I also applied the 'Transparent Dock' theme in WinterBoard, as suggested on another site as it had worked for them, but unfortunately it didn't for me.

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
Just curious, but have you gone into 'safe mode' to see if your dock shows up there?

If it does, you at least know that something in Cydia has made it disappear. And with as many tweaks as you have applied, I'm surprised you phone runs without serious lag and at least a few tweaks overriding each other.

stardustrider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
When opening/closing a folder, the dock icons appear in the top left, huddled together. Here's a screenshot of them, mid-folder opening as to catch it in colour.

aW2lH.jpg

----------

Yea, it shows up perfectly fine in Safe Mode. It's another thing I forgot to mention! :p

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
check to see if the dock png image is in the proper place. i had this issue after uninstalling a theme that required a new dock png and i had to replace it with the original, else my dock icons were gone.

stardustrider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
SBDockBG@2x~iphone.png is present (duplicated it and removed the ~iphone from the filename as an extra precaution), as is SBDockMask@2x.png.

I then deleted the var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent/SBDockBG.cbitmap then resprang (which I'd already done, along with the first step, before) and the dock is back! To see if it was the duplicated/renamed file that fixed it, I deleted it, along with the cache file, resprang...and it is still working.

I'm confused as to what is happening here, but I'm not going to complain! Thanks for the help guys :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.