Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

diablo3.jpg

Ahead of its May 15th launch date, Blizzard is opening its Diablo III beta test to all comers as a stress test on the game's servers. The free open beta weekend runs from now through Monday morning.
We're pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game's release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!

From Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT you'll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.
Blizzard's website has more details about exactly how to join the open beta. Diablo III will be $59.99 when it launches on May 15th and will be available as a digital download from Blizzard, or via the more traditional boxed copy.

Article Link: Blizzard Launches Free Open Beta Weekend for Diablo III

GunZi

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2012
keep getting the Error 37 ... and i even have a authentication code which makes logging in right now a total nightmare :/.... but im thankful i can at least have a chance to play :D

Torrijos

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
ARGgggg my MBP is officially out with its x1600 graphic card!

Apple move your arse and release some Ivy Bridge computers please!
(Any for that matter! Mini or iMac preferably)

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Have you even tried to get in? It's a complete mess.

It's a pre-launch stress test to find exactly these issues early enough to fix them for May 15th. It's not like they can simulate the load of say, a million+ crazy folk who will spam the login button before, during and after the launch on their own.

And it serves as advertising for those still on the fence (and realize it is a stress test).

Nyalotha

macrumors member
May 27, 2011
I know the download for the installer is only 49 mb, any idea how much mb/gb you need to download total? Careful with data cap.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
This is awesome. Downloading it now. I haven't played Diablo since the original. :) I still play the PSX version on my Mac via emulation every now and then.

I don't really game but this I may get into.

Ynot

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2006
Diablo Size

it is actually closer to 9 GB. I have the full installer, but it says it is still raining fire on Diablo III so I can't enter. Im going to check Battle net for details:D

tom438

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2012
Oh no so is it 3 or 9?! lol

9 means I can't play, 3 means I can

Not sure. Using the downloader in the link it says around 1.6GB for playable and a further 1.4/5GB for optimal. Get an error 3003 when I try and login though.

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Been in the beta since December so I don't plan to be on this weekend with likely all the server issues. Great game though. Looks amazing and still has the classic Diablo feel to it which I was worrying they'd ditch to make a WoW clone.

Fandongo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Space
Tried a bunch of times every 15 minutes or so.

Stress test: FAIL!

Next time maybe don't wait 11 years.

Attachments

• d3.png
    d3.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 479

mactmaster

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Damn, I should have finished the beta before it went open. Hopefully they'll improve the load handling on the servers so I can continue playing next week.

Derpage

Suspended
Mar 7, 2012
Thank the holy pasta monster I've been in closed beta and don't have to put up with the stress testing and long waits.

Justinf79

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2009
Oregon
Nice, but I doubt the GT120 in my MP will be up to the task. DLing it now...what's odd though is that the dloader is reporting a speed of like 350KBps, but iStat Menus is reporting 700-900KBps. Oh, and when I started dling it, it was about 3.87GB in size.

praetorian909

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2004
I know the download for the installer is only 49 mb, any idea how much mb/gb you need to download total? Careful with data cap.

Hmm not sure why but my Diablo III Beta folder size ended up being around 5.4GB. That's with my installer showing the complete green bar on "Optimal." I coulda swore the Installer said it would be 15GB total so I was a bit confused.

I even moved the folder around and ran it again, just to make sure everything was in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.