Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:46 AM   #1
McKs
macrumors member

"don't save..." returns in dp3

This is already making my life so much easier:

McKs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:57 AM   #2
q64ceo
macrumors regular

It may not be so at the final retail release, but I as well will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Comparing ML releases to the Lion releases is an interesting thing to do. They jam packed sooooo many new features in the first Lion DP, and pretty much took out the vast majority of them (Slider buttons, local Time Machine saves, default Dock indicator lights off, etc)
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:54 AM   #3
talmy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by q64ceo View Post
They jam packed sooooo many new features in the first Lion DP, and pretty much took out the vast majority of them (Slider buttons, local Time Machine saves, default Dock indicator lights off, etc)
Actually, local time machine saves are there on notebooks (and you can't turn them off as you could in the Lion DP). The option can be turned on and off from the command line on all Macs.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Simplicated
macrumors 65816

Oh my god. This is awesome. I am increasingly optimistic about ML (except the broken Mission Control that they aren't interested in fixing)!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:33 PM   #5
hamis92
macrumors 6502

Whoa. This is incredible. Automatically keeping everything without asking me when closing a document is incredibly frustrating on Lion in some cases. I'm waiting for ML even more now!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamis92 View Post
Whoa. This is incredible. Automatically keeping everything without asking me when closing a document is incredibly frustrating on Lion in some cases. I'm waiting for ML even more now!
A lot of the announced features for Mountain Lion are underwhelming to me. This is a feature I want. I'm wondering how many more unannounced changes will be things I'm interested in rather than the stuff on the new features page Apple general has for each version of OS X.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion