Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old May 3, 2012, 05:27 PM   #1
jmarkt
macrumors member

Trying To Delete From Applications Folder

I'm running Windows xp with Parallels 6 on an iMac with Lion. In recently loading some fonts on my iMac, using Font Book, a file called "ZWAdobeF.TTF" has become resident in my Applications Folder on my iMac System Tray. The icon suggests it's a Windows file, as it is displayed with the Parallels icon. It's also locked and I cannot delete it.

I can drag it to the desktop and delete that copy; however, when I return to the Apps Folder, it's still there. It does no good to drag it to the Trash Bin either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
jmarkt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 05:35 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Have you checked Finder > select file >> GET INFO >>> Sharing & Permissions yet and seen, if you have the correct permissions?
Mac OS X - Setting Permissions

Btw, what you call "System Tray" is called "Dock", and the file has that Parallels icon, because it seems, .ttf files are associated to it and an application inside Windows.
How to change the default application a certain file type opens with
To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 09:53 AM   #3
jmarkt
macrumors member

Thanks, simsaladimbamba. Didn't even think to do that, but was able to unlock and delete the file! It's no longer resident in the Applications Folder on my DOCK! :>)

Thanks again.
jmarkt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac