Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:20 PM   #1
blow45
Banned

From read it later to pocket: This has got to be the stupidest update to an app ever.

I can't believe the devs of read it later. They took away their iconic name that defined a whole category of apps (with apple pretty much copying it in reading list) and renamed it pocket!

They took away their auto categorisation feature of their digest where users had been keeping their articles organised and now users are left with a pile of uncategorised articles to manually retag or bulk retag... Users that had paid to buy their now free app. But customers had paid good money so they could have the autocategorization feature in the digest. That's like ms making excel free and offering it without cells?!!!!

And all that for what, to make it look kkeewwwl and visual? The digest had already a pretty good way of presenting the items visually.

And what's the rationale for making it free? Where are they going to get their money now from? Maybe sharing user data to advertisers to target us in the future? I dunno I am just making a hypothesis here.

In any case, what a way to shoot themselves in the foot and their users too.
blow45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:19 PM   #2
JoeShades
macrumors 6502

I had the free version but i don't understand the point of the change either. I will still continue to use it only because it is easier to save articles in firefox and google reader because of the add on.
JoeShades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:24 AM   #3
blow45
Banned

It's very hard to understand how they have someone pay for a functionality they offer and then they take it away via a "free" update... It's like selling a camera app with filters then updating it to free and taking the filters away...unbelievable...
blow45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps