Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:12 AM   #1
nigelmercier
macrumors newbie

Embed an iCloud Calendar in a web page?

I know this has been asked before, but wondered if it has been resolved. I currently have a Google Calendar embedded in a web page, but it is a pain having to add items manually from my Outlook Calendar. I thought I could do better ...

I've now hosted my Outlook Calendar on iCloud, and made it public. Is it possible to either embed this is a web page, or perhaps give a link so others can view it in a web browser?

Note that all viewers are using PCs, myself included (sorry) but I do have an iPad!
nigelmercier is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:37 AM   #2
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68000

There isn't a public link available for publicly shared iCloud calendars, probably because Apple doesn't want web crawlers snooping through them.

You could try sending an invitation to the Google calendar you already have when you create the event. I think that by default the invited event will appear in the Google calendar. Not sure how the event sending mechanism works from Outlook when you've synced that with iCloud.

You could also try using the syncing service at Memotoo.com. My experience there has been shaky. I think that once you've synced Google and iCloud there, events created in iCloud get to the Google calendar quickly. Not so sure about the other way...but it looks like that's not a problem in your case.
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:33 AM   #3
thunderbunny
macrumors 6502a

when you public share a calendar from icloud.com you will be given a link to this. From the iPad you'll probably have to use a browser such as Atomic so you can access icloud.com
thunderbunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:22 AM   #4
nigelmercier
macrumors newbie

How do I get my calendar back onto my computer?

OK, this isn't going to work

nigelmercier is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:29 PM   #5
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmercier View Post
OK, this isn't going to work

What calendar and where on your computer?
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:37 PM   #6
d21mike
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaughn View Post
There isn't a public link available for publicly shared iCloud calendars, probably because Apple doesn't want web crawlers snooping through them.
When you Share your iCloud Calendar you can either share as private or public. In either case you get a LINK (Public or Private). I share my calendar with co-workers that do not use iCloud so I have to make it a Public Share. However, not sure about embedding that link in a web page. They use it when subscribing from another Calendar Application.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services