Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:25 AM   #26
sakau2007
macrumors 6502

if you want beats by dre, you will get a snazzy looking, cool-to-have set of headphones that can be outperformed by half the price. while beats by dre isn't quite as bad as Bose when it comes to being overpriced and delivering terrible quality, there are plenty of other options when it comes to quality sound for less money.

that being said, it really isn't that important. if you buy the beats by dre headphones and are happy with your purchase, that's all that matters.
sakau2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:42 AM   #27
MorphingDragon
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to MorphingDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
I only use cans for a bit of dj-ing tbf.... all about in ear headphones.
Neh, cans are more hygenic and more comfortable. Plus when it comes to delivering, in-ears usually can't handle the beat.
MorphingDragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:13 AM   #28
TMRaven
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by majordude View Post
What about under $200?
You can get a Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250Ω for that price.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:24 AM   #29
kobiano
macrumors member

I've had my beats solo hd for about 8 months now. I use them heavily--at the gym, traveling, airports, at home, and they get folded up all the time, and they still look new, perform as new, and is NOT BROKEN.
kobiano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:40 AM   #30
sim667
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphingDragon View Post
Neh, cans are more hygenic and more comfortable. Plus when it comes to delivering, in-ears usually can't handle the beat.
Theyre a pain in the arse to carry though, I dont really like having things that big round my neck.

Hygienes for pussies.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:48 AM   #31
TheMacBookPro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakau2007 View Post
if you want beats by dre, you will get a snazzy looking, cool-to-have set of headphones that can be outperformed by half the price. while beats by dre isn't quite as bad as Bose when it comes to being overpriced and delivering terrible quality, there are plenty of other options when it comes to quality sound for less money.
Haha, no. With Beats, all you get is bass, bass and a flimsy headband. And with the Studios, you get 'noise cancelling', which basically amounts to nothing other than adding a high pitched whine to the sound.

Nobody buys Bose for the sound quality- the majority of their headphone customers purchase their QuietComfort line, and those do a damn good job of cancelling noise. You could have the best headphones in the world and it wouldn't matter on a plane because the engine whine is going to mess up your sound quality anyways. Good noise cancellation and decent sound quality is all most travelers need and the QC series are basically the best in that regard.

And no, in-ears are not suitable replacements for an ANC headset.

Last edited by TheMacBookPro; Jun 21, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
TheMacBookPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:53 AM   #32
MorphingDragon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMacBookPro View Post
Haha, no. With Beats, all you get is bass, bass and a flimsy headband. And with the Studios, you get noise cancelling which does nothing other than add a high pitch whine to the sound.

Nobody buys Bose for the sound quality- the majority of their headphone customers purchase their QuietComfort line, and those do a damn good job of cancelling noise while still providing decent sound quality. They're certainly better than any Audio-Technica or Sony ANC headset I've owned.

(and no, in-ears are not suitable replacements, sorry)
Bose are quite good at making small speakers sound acceptable.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:03 AM   #33
TheMacBookPro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Bose are quite good at making small speakers sound acceptable.
You sure are quick, you managed to quote my pre-edited message

If there's anything Bose do right, it's noise cancellation. It's no wonder that so many frequent fliers have a pair of QCs in their rollerboard.

I'm not so sure about their 'small speakers' though, I've had several of the Bose SoundDocks and they weren't that great. They were pretty loud considering how small the unit was though.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:15 AM   #34
MorphingDragon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMacBookPro View Post
You sure are quick, you managed to quote my pre-edited message

If there's anything Bose do right, it's noise cancellation. It's no wonder that so many frequent fliers have a pair of QCs in their rollerboard.

I'm not so sure about their 'small speakers' though, I've had several of the Bose SoundDocks and they weren't that great. They were pretty loud considering how small the unit was though.
Please, I'm anything but quick. Time just flies when you're having fun... maybe I'm just that good.

(I don't know where I'm going with that)
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:45 AM   #35
TheMacBookPro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Please, I'm anything but quick. Time just flies when you're having fun... maybe I'm just that good.

(I don't know where I'm going with that)
...I am now slightly confused.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:11 AM   #36
sakau2007
macrumors 6502

lol @ bose small speakers sounding acceptable.

i can spend a quarter of the money on something from Orb Audio that absolutely trounces Bose.
sakau2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:25 PM   #37
jomarr
macrumors member

I have these:

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-M3-H...s=Brainwavz+M3

They're pretty much amazing. I'm no audiophile but I go to audiophile forums for IEM reviews.

Brainwavz M3 are amazing. Plus they have 1 year warranty in case it breaks.
jomarr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 07:09 AM   #38
Bilalo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8r1230 View Post
Ok thinking of grabbing beats pro for 249. They are real so let's leave that out. Figured I'd reach out to Mac community. I know monster has some serious haters but I'm simply looking for the thoughts on beats pro with a 249 price point. Better? More worth it?
For that exact Price I suggest you get
Bowers and Wilkins P5. Better as an overall and the bass doesnt screech.
B&W p5

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Headph.../Overview.html

I have both btw, B&W are better, beats are just fame for now
Bilalo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2012, 08:59 PM   #39
klgrayson24
macrumors newbie

customize

hey do you know any places to get your beats customized?
klgrayson24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:29 AM   #40
imazu
macrumors regular

ihad beats tour for over a year.. i like the flat red cable.. after a long tme of having issues in regards to comfort.. i got myself audio technica athm50le... love it.. tha stays in the house because of the very long cord... then checked on meelectronics m6p and i sure like it better than my beats tour.. and the last is e jaybird freedom 4... this is my option for wireless headphone when running... comfortable and sound good too.. i guess, that's my options for headphones.. i'll prolly give my beats to my sister...
imazu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:54 AM   #41
flameproof
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by donexer View Post
so ive asked people on other forums and they say they suck and all that. but do they really? i currently have a pair of skullcandy headphones. if i get beats by dre headphones will i notice a different in quality, bass, loudness, and sound? im either getting the beats by dre http://www.nlbeatsbydre.com/ executive, pro, or studio headphones.

That's a Chinese Scam site that you promote here. I wonder if you are really that naive to buy there or if you are a part of that scam?

http://whois.domaintools.com/nlbeatsbydre.com
flameproof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:58 AM   #42
Ghostbusters
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameproof View Post
That's a Chinese Scam site that you promote here. I wonder if you are really that naive to buy there or if you are a part of that scam?

http://whois.domaintools.com/nlbeatsbydre.com
He's a troll at the very least. I posted a few days back advising the mods to block these users and these threads, but instead they deleted my posts. Bravo fellas!
Ghostbusters is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:22 AM   #43
flameproof
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post
He's a troll at the very least. I posted a few days back advising the mods to block these users and these threads, but instead they deleted my posts. Bravo fellas!
No idea about that. I reported that dude with the 'report button' and kept my messages as short as possible and simply to the facts. And boom... gone he was.
flameproof is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories