Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:13 AM   #1
jcorbin
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: D.C.
Wirelessly posted

Is there really a difference? They seem to have the same functionality. Anyone use one over the other for a particular reason
jcorbin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:56 PM   #2
007bond
macrumors 6502a
 
007bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DFW, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorbin View Post
Wirelessly posted

Is there really a difference? They seem to have the same functionality. Anyone use one over the other for a particular reason
The advantage to using Wunderlist is that it supports multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mac, and PC. It also has a web version.

Reminders only supports iPhone and works through the Calendar Web Apps through various services(Google Calendar or iCloud).

I prefer Wunderlist because it is much easier to setup and use on all of my devices.
__________________
HTC One M7; iMac 27" 2009 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo; 2011 MacBook Pro 13" 2.3GHz i5

Last edited by 007bond; Jul 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
007bond is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:56 PM   #3
jcorbin
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: D.C.
Wirelessly posted

I decided on awesome note. I used to use springpad because it did notes and tasks but after the last update it's useless
jcorbin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:05 PM   #4
jcorbin
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: D.C.
Wirelessly posted

Well I'm back to wunderlist after realizing a web interface is a must.

I'm still torn because reminders just seems a bit cleaner.
jcorbin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:29 AM   #5
head4space
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
There is a comparison here: www.reminders-vs-wunderlist.com - I'm a Wunderlist fan myself.
head4space is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:35 AM   #6
seajay96
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorbin View Post
Wirelessly posted

Well I'm back to wunderlist after realizing a web interface is a must.

I'm still torn because reminders just seems a bit cleaner.
Reminders will have a web interface soon:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1397754
seajay96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 02:04 PM   #7
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
The best thing about Reminders, and why I always end up using it over others, is the ability to tell Siri to add a reminder for you. If Siri could add to other apps I'd probably look elsewhere, but using my voice is so quick and easy.
jjk454ss is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:25 PM   #8
chillzone
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I would switch exclusively to Reminders, but Wunderlist has a beautiful printout feature. I use it to print out questions when I do interviews for my podcast.
chillzone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:29 PM   #9
mattopotamus
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
The best thing about Reminders, and why I always end up using it over others, is the ability to tell Siri to add a reminder for you. If Siri could add to other apps I'd probably look elsewhere, but using my voice is so quick and easy.
i think that is a feature of ios6...siri in other apps. With that said, i double apple would let it set reminders in a different app since you cannot change the default app
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:21 PM   #10
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020
 
From A Buick 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ky Close to CinCinnati
I like reminders, i just wish i could setup all of the options from initial create screen. You hit + to add, create your reminder then you have to leave it and come back to setup an actual reminder for a date or place (unless i am doing it wrong).
__________________
Homemade Interocitor, iPad 4iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate, iPod Touch 4th and 5th Gen, iPad 1st gen, iPhone 4, Two Apple TV's, -- 21.5-inch: 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 iMac.
From A Buick 8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:55 PM   #11
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
I like reminders, i just wish i could setup all of the options from initial create screen. You hit + to add, create your reminder then you have to leave it and come back to setup an actual reminder for a date or place (unless i am doing it wrong).
I agree. I like Due because it's quick and easy when typing in your reminder. But I typically always use Siri to add it to the Reminder.app then I dont have to type anything at all.
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:58 AM   #12
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020
 
From A Buick 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ky Close to CinCinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
I agree. I like Due because it's quick and easy when typing in your reminder. But I typically always use Siri to add it to the Reminder.app then I dont have to type anything at all.
When you use Siri (still only a IP4 here), will Siri add the reminder place or time as well.
__________________
Homemade Interocitor, iPad 4iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate, iPod Touch 4th and 5th Gen, iPad 1st gen, iPhone 4, Two Apple TV's, -- 21.5-inch: 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 iMac.
From A Buick 8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:25 AM   #13
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
When you use Siri (still only a IP4 here), will Siri add the reminder place or time as well.
Yes, and it works very well.
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:25 PM   #14
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020
 
From A Buick 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ky Close to CinCinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
Yes, and it works very well.
Cool, i will use this alot. My contract is up in january, excited about getting a nice upgrade.
__________________
Homemade Interocitor, iPad 4iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate, iPod Touch 4th and 5th Gen, iPad 1st gen, iPhone 4, Two Apple TV's, -- 21.5-inch: 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 iMac.
From A Buick 8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Resolved: Can't log into Wunderlist on Powerbook G4 RedTomato PowerPC Macs 4 Feb 24, 2014 09:30 AM
Wunderlist notifications are sent twice?.... DramaLLama iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Feb 9, 2014 07:19 PM
Any.DO vs Wunderlist 2? DramaLLama iPhone and iPod touch Apps 1 Jul 9, 2013 12:52 AM
Wunderlist for iPad! tvhaugen iPad Apps 1 Feb 15, 2013 08:01 AM
tablets: Wunderlist 2 is gorgeous on Android tablets! Jessica Lares Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 2 Feb 6, 2013 01:42 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC