Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
SuperTV is plugin for XBMC which allows you to watch TV from all over the World, with a fancy EPG.
The idea behind was to give the same experience you'd have with a Free-to-Air receiver in a given country.
In the rtmpGUI list you'll find lots and lots of international channels that are not listed in the lists for individual countries, and there is blackoutworm's list as well, which comes with lots of always up-to-date sports streams.

It does run on your jailbroken Apple TV, as well as on your Mac and Windows or Linux PC.

Everything else is explained on the Homepage. You'll always find the latest version of the plugin there as well.
1_EPG.png

2_Channels.png

3_Countries.png

HipHopTrex

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
it won't play on my macbook for some reason, not sure why. I'll figure it out later when I have time, but I'm downloading it to my appleTV now.

AUZambo

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Birmingham, AL
You probably need to update to the last version of XBMC, at least that's what I did to make it work.

What is the latest version of XBMC? I stumbled across SuperTV the other day and installed it on my ATV2. Half the time the program won't even open. When it does open the graphics don't seem to load correctly (it's just superimposed over the preexisting XBMC screen). Also, most of the channels won't open. When they do open, they have always gone to a different channel than what I clicked.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
What is the latest version of XBMC? I stumbled across SuperTV the other day and installed it on my ATV2. Half the time the program won't even open. When it does open the graphics don't seem to load correctly (it's just superimposed over the preexisting XBMC screen). Also, most of the channels won't open. When they do open, they have always gone to a different channel than what I clicked.

I have the same problem.

This would be an excellent program if it worked 100 percent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.