Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Hi,

As the title says really, can you use iTunes gift cards to purchase Mac apps in the Mac app store? (I'm UK based if that makes any difference). Also, can you use iTunes gift cards to make purchases in the Apple store? (for such things as cases and power adapters etc).

Cheers.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
You can use iTunes cards to buy stuff on the App Store, yes. But you can't use it to buy stuff on the Apple store's website.

OK, thanks. On the apple site it doesn't say anything about being able to use them on the Mac app store, only itunes. I wonder why they've missed it off that you can also use them in the Mac App store then?

Can you buy vouchers for the Apple Store itself, as the only ones I can find are for iTunes, but I'm sure I've been told before that you can buy APple store ones?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
As the title says really, can you use iTunes gift cards to purchase Mac apps in the Mac app store? (I'm UK based if that makes any difference). Also, can you use iTunes gift cards to make purchases in the Apple store? (for such things as cases and power adapters etc).

You can get gift cards under different names; they all let you buy music, videos, ebooks, audio books, iPhone and iPad apps, and Mac apps. Everything that requires an Apple ID.

Being UK based, the big recommendation is to keep your eyes open for stores selling Apple gift cards with rebates and load up with gift cards whenever someone is selling them cheap. I have bought gift cards from Argos, Boots, Clintons, with 20% rebate in the past which means any purchase costs you 20% less than the advertised price.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
You can get gift cards under different names; they all let you buy music, videos, ebooks, audio books, iPhone and iPad apps, and Mac apps. Everything that requires an Apple ID.

Being UK based, the big recommendation is to keep your eyes open for stores selling Apple gift cards with rebates and load up with gift cards whenever someone is selling them cheap. I have bought gift cards from Argos, Boots, Clintons, with 20% rebate in the past which means any purchase costs you 20% less than the advertised price.

Thanks for the help and the heads up.

----------

What you're looking for is an Apple Gift Card.

Thanks, I've managed to find them now on the UK site. Don't know why they weren't coming up in the search before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.