Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:36 PM   #1
eternlgladiator
macrumors 68000

Editing song length in iTunes

Mods, feel free to move this mac apps if it doesn't belong here. Wasn't sure.

So I've made a playlist to go along with interval training for my iPod and carefully chose a bunch of songs to be shortened and match my regime. I put them in a playlist, edited their start/stop time how I liked and left it. Now I'm listening to music in my library and a couple songs came up with those times intact. I want the times to apply in the case of the playlist but not anywhere else. Do I need to make a copy of the song and rename it to accomplish this or can it be done more easily?

Thanks
eternlgladiator is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:50 PM   #2
cheekypaul
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternlgladiator View Post
Mods, feel free to move this mac apps if it doesn't belong here. Wasn't sure.

So I've made a playlist to go along with interval training for my iPod and carefully chose a bunch of songs to be shortened and match my regime. I put them in a playlist, edited their start/stop time how I liked and left it. Now I'm listening to music in my library and a couple songs came up with those times intact. I want the times to apply in the case of the playlist but not anywhere else. Do I need to make a copy of the song and rename it to accomplish this or can it be done more easily?

Thanks
hi eternal, if i understand you correctly (it's not a very clear post) yes you need to copy them. you could also burn a cd from the workout playlist you made, and re-import. the cd will burn with the start/stop times you've altered.
cheekypaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:46 PM   #3
eternlgladiator
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypaul View Post
hi eternal, if i understand you correctly (it's not a very clear post) yes you need to copy them. you could also burn a cd from the workout playlist you made, and re-import. the cd will burn with the start/stop times you've altered.
Thanks. I just duplicated and renamed them. The cd is a good idea though. Thank you!
eternlgladiator is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:23 AM   #4
inscrewtable
macrumors 6502a

mp3 trimmer Is a neat simple free app that will snip bits off an mp3 file without degrading the quality. It will also join tracks.
inscrewtable is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:05 PM   #5
mannix87
macrumors 6502

Or you can load the tunes in garageband and make a single file out of your playlist. It'll be no different from a DJ mix with fade in, fade out or what not.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio