Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
This works great. I copied it into the folder on my MBP and bam, it instantly showed up on the iPad app for it.

MimicBunion972

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
This is indeed a welcome move by Microsoft.
I just "grandfatherred-in" for the 25GB storage. Everyone with hotmail account should do that fast:cool:

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
I just "grandfatherred-in" for the 25GB storage. Everyone with hotmail account should do that fast:cool:

I don't know if just having a hotmail account is enough....I believe you needed to upload something to your SkyDrive account before April 22nd to be considered a "long-term" user.

But I agree...if you can, make sure you check in and get your quota bumped from the new 7GB to the old 25GB.

They also increased the max file upload size. I think it used to be 100MB (maybe 50MB I don't remember exactly) - now it's 2GB. Dropbox will be hard pressed to compete once more and more iOS apps add "dropbox-like" capability for SkyDrive.

ID_Field_Blank

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2008
London, UK
Got me my 25 gb free :)

Only issue I have with the client they've released is that its only available for Lion, still rocking SL here *sigh*.

I guess I'll have to keep doing it the old fashioned way!

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Crap I didn't get the offer but I had an account just nothing added to it. Guess I am sol but hey 7 gig free is still free and the bump for another 20 is cheap.

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
I was so pleased when I saw that they released an app but then I realised it's Lion only :(

I find the web app a bit of a chore. Like you had to do files individually. Does it allow drag and drop yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.