Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:58 PM   #1
LimitedWard
macrumors newbie

Question Screen recording off macbook pro?

I make youtube videos about video games as a hobby, and I currently use ScreenFlow to record my screen as I play. I was wondering if there was any way to decrease RAM usage (to increase FPS) by using the Mini DVI output from my computer to record my gameplay. I am using a 13 inch Macbook Pro with OSX 10.6.8.

My first thought was to use my Mini DVI to HDMI adaptor and then using an HDMI to Component adaptor and plugging it into an Avermedia Game Capture HD (link), but I can picture many issues with this setup. I need the recordings to be in HD (720p is fine). Do you think this would work, or is there a simpler solution that would give me the same effect?

Thanks in advance for the help
LimitedWard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro