Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:29 PM   #1
kylepro88
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to kylepro88 Send a message via MSN to kylepro88
Expresscard Adapter for displays?

One of the setbacks of using a MacBook Pro as a mobile desktop is when you're at a desk, you only have one thunderbolt port to use. Since I need the port for other things if I want to tap into TB tech for HD's and other things, I can't hook up a second display.

Is there an expresscard adapter that can work with my 2011 MacBook Pro that'll allow output to a display? Anybody know of any confirmed to work adapters that might just have an hdmi out? Any adapter that allows me to hook up my Dell 2408 monitor would be fine.

I wonder if Apple will add a second thunderbolt port to newer MBP's to allow more expandability? Hopefully if not they keep the Expresscard port, because for now it's my only fix...if an adapter can be found.
kylepro88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro