Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
See topic. Me and my friend want to co-write a blog together. Partly because I kept forgetting to update mine. But anyway are there any sites that allow this? And if it's not obvious, how?

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Wordpress has a huge community, so finding support, plugins, and good quality themes is easy. You can't go wrong with Wordpress for a blog. Other software may be better used as a CMS, but Wordpress is where it's at if you want to write stuff. CNN and NY Times both use it to power their official blogs.

Joomla is easy to use once you have it all setup

exactly :D

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011

I used Tumblr back like a year or two ago but stopped because I was told and read that it was more of a micro blogging and image/video posting thing as opposed to full blown blog posts. I basically didn't want to do it "wrong".

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I used Tumblr back like a year or two ago but stopped because I was told and read that it was more of a micro blogging and image/video posting thing as opposed to full blown blog posts. I basically didn't want to do it "wrong".

I say go with WordPress. It's free, it's everywhere. We use 3 WordPress blogs with their own custom skins and can switch between the 3 and authors seamlessly to supplement our main website. It's a ridiculously easy CMS to use, but it'll give you some points for saying you know how to use it in the future.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009

Tumblr is also used for "proper" blogging, just depends on what you want to do with it.

WordPress is also a solid choice though.

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Tumblr is also used for "proper" blogging, just depends on what you want to do with it.

WordPress is also a solid choice though.

Ah. I just haven't seen any that have done so. Anyway, which of the two do you prefer? Wordpress is pretty much the winner in my book but I still like being fair and getting everyone's opinions.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Ah. I just haven't seen any that have done so. Anyway, which of the two do you prefer? Wordpress is pretty much the winner in my book but I still like being fair and getting everyone's opinions.

If you're just going to do text posts, WordPress is likely the best option. If you also want to integrate media, Tumblr is best. Choose which one suits your needs :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.