Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:21 AM   #1
aellul
macrumors newbie

mac excel compatibility with windows excel

hi all,

i have an issue that's driving me nuts.

i create a worksheet in excel for mac and so some formatting and would look great on my mac. everything would be in place (margins, columns, rows etc..)
when i open the same sheet on windows excel, nothing is in place! what used to fit in one page wide on mac, take two pages on a windows. the rows also change the height. it is like it has grown taller and fatter. basically you would have to re format the whole sheet. once done and try to open it on my mac, the reverse happens!!! it becomes condensed smaller and thinner.

any idea what is going on?

thanks and kind regards

aldo
aellul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:27 AM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Nothing that you have said here is at all surprising. That said, I have never found this to be an issue. The reason is that my colleagues and I use fonts that are available on both operating systems. This is best accomplished by using Microsoft default fonts.

Three questions:
  1. Which version Excel:mac?
  2. Which version Excel:win?
  3. Which fonts in spreadsheet?
MisterMe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:51 AM   #3
aellul
macrumors newbie

hi thanks,

yes in fact i'm using the same fonts available on both versions:

answers:
1ffice 2011 for mac
2ffice 2007 for pc
3:trebuschet ms (i tried other office font too)

thanks
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:30 AM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Check your Page Setup, zoom level, etc. It's probably that you have different view settings selected between the computers.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:21 AM   #5
aellul
macrumors newbie

the set up changes, however when changing these still the view is different and do not match.

thanks
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:26 AM   #6
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by aellul View Post
the set up changes, however when changing these still the view is different and do not match.
Can you take some screen shots and post them, to illustrate what you're seeing that's different?
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store