Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is continuing its roughly biweekly release cycle for developer builds of OS X 10.7.4, pushing out Build 11E52 for testing yesterday.

11e52.jpg

As with the last several builds, Apple lists no known issues. The company is also asking developers to focus their testing on Graphics, iCal, Mail, Printing, and Time Machine.

Work on OS X 10.7.4 continues as Apple is also pushing forward on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, which is due for release in "late summer". Earlier this week, Apple released its third developer preview of Mountain Lion for testing.

(Thanks, TTR!)

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Lion 10.7.4 Build 11E52 to Developers

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
MacBookPro13";14768300 said:

If there are no known issues, then why are apple making pointless software updates?

Or us there something we are not being told about? ;)

I take it you're not a developer. And don't know anything about development.

When it says there are no known issues, that means that they've fixed all the problems they knew about. That doesn't mean it doesn't need testing and that it doesn't fix bugs from the previous release (which it most certainly does). There's absolutely nothing pointless about this, and the fact you would say something like that has me absolutely puzzled.

jW

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005

When it says there are no known issues, that means that they've fixed all the problems they knew about. That doesn't mean it doesn't need testing and that it doesn't fix bugs from the previous release (which it most certainly does). There's absolutely nothing pointless about this, and the fact you would say something like that has me absolutely puzzled.

jW

Actually when they say no known issues they mean that no issues known can be replicated on all machines simultaneously. When you make a bugreport while using these seeds, most of the time you get "this issue is already known" reply, yet those are not listed in these seed notes.

Battlefield Fan

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2008
whats with all the devs hating on those who don't know anything about software dev? This is meant to be a supportive community not a place to put down others...:confused:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

What's wrong with fixing bugs and tightening security on Lion? Just because Mountain Lion is coming later this year doesn't mean they should neglect Lion just yet.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
W/O breaking my NDA, this and the previous beta has a graphical animation issue with "Time Machine". When opening Finder and "Time Machine", the opening animation and moving between time creates distortion. I filed this bug with engineers on the last build, and there are threads in ADC forums. I don't know why it hasn't been addressed as it is recognized as a known issue.

I've also filed a ton of reports on "Mission Control"/Spaces/Expose in Lion and Mountain Lion, as well as other ADC members. Engineers have recognized it as a known issue, but seem disinterested. Oh well. They did fix powersupply kext issues that caused kernel panics for some, I had to manually fix that by using .2 kexts. Otherwise, this build seems pretty solid. I'd expect a release very soon.

Attachments

• Time Machine Bug.jpg
    Time Machine Bug.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 303

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
whats with all the devs hating on those who don't know anything about software dev? This is meant to be a supportive community not a place to put down others...:confused:

I suspect people who develop software for a living are not sympathetic to the attitude that a vendor coming out with a routine update is actually attempting some sort of coverup.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA

Apple seems highly motivated to put Lion to pasture. It's likely a key part of their strategy to force more users to adopt the latest version of OS X which in turn pulls them into iCloud.

With Cloud computing drawing so much attention, Apple needs more people using iCloud to bolster Apples ability to boast about their accomplishments. Grabbing headlines and keeping the buzz going is critical to Apples quest for total domination.

Although the massive profits Apple is currently generating put them in the lead, there's more to be had. The faster they can influence current users to replace their Apple computers with new ones the happier Apple will be. The fewer machines on 10.6 and older the better Apple will like it.

In all the years I've used Apples computers, I've never witnessed a push like this to get the majority of their user base converted to the latest OS. Giving out free copies of 10.6 is just one more example of this effort. It's an interesting tactic on Apples part.

Mr. Wonderful

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2009
W/O breaking my NDA, this and the previous beta has a graphical animation issue with "Time Machine". When opening Finder and "Time Machine", the opening animation and moving between time creates distortion. I filed this bug with engineers on the last build, and there are threads in ADC forums. I don't know why it hasn't been addressed as it is recognized as a known issue.

I've also filed a ton of reports on "Mission Control"/Spaces/Expose in Lion and Mountain Lion, as well as other ADC members. Engineers have recognized it as a known issue, but seem disinterested. Oh well. They did fix powersupply kext issues that caused kernel panics for some, I had to manually fix that by using .2 kexts. Otherwise, this build seems pretty solid. I'd expect a release very soon.
Hm. That's too bad. Most likely means we're at least one more build away from a release version.

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
audio midi settings still not remembered between reboots!! why can't they fix this-- :mad:

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
To clarify, my "why?" post was in response to the first comment in the thread. Thought I had quoted his post but I'm using my iPhone so I obviously made a mistake.

macmastersam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Essex, england

jW

my apologies,

i had misinterpreted what the thread post had said. i thought by 'no know issues' as that of the previous update, not what other have thought it as. thats why i thought it was pointless.

and i don't know anything about development or haven't tried it on mac OS
because
1. im too young to know about this complicated stuff (not saying my real age.)

2. i have never owned a mac in my life.

yojo056

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
my apologies,

i had misinterpreted what the thread post had said. i thought by 'no know issues' as that of the previous update, not what other have thought it as. thats why i thought it was pointless.

and i don't know anything about development or haven't tried it on mac OS
because
1. im too young to know about this complicated stuff (not saying my real age.)

2. i have never owned a mac in my life.

Oh the humanity.. you don't OWN a mac?! :eek: I just wasted five minutes reading through all the posts prompted by your comment, and you... don't... own... a... mac. :(

Not beating up on you, but wow.

macmastersam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Essex, england
Oh the humanity.. you don't OWN a mac?! :eek: I just wasted five minutes reading through all the posts prompted by your comment, and you... don't... own... a... mac. :(

Not beating up on you, but wow.

nope... but be pleased that my next computer will be a mac though... but im talking about 2-4ish years into the future though.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Is there any word on whether or not 10.7.4 will include updated drivers for the Intel Integrated 3000HD gfx card?

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Is there any word on whether or not 10.7.4 will include updated drivers for the Intel Integrated 3000HD gfx card?

Point updates have new GPU drivers, 99% of the time. But that doesn't mean the updated driver will do what you want it to do. Mostly they are bugfix updates.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand

All the drivers along with OpenGL have been updated based on then version being listed in 'System Information' but that may have to do with something unrelated to any sort of changes to the drivers themselves - that OpenGL had bug fixes and the video drivers are part of the rebuilding that takes place.

On a good side the Wifi drivers for the iMac 2011 have been updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.