Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 6, 2005, 06:50 AM   #1
kerpow
macrumors 6502

Color iPod AV Cable

I bought an AV cable for 30gb iPod Photo and am having a little difficulty using it, it doesn't come with any instructiosn after all.

I have selected PAL and TV Out on the iPod and then hooked up the colored cables to the corresponding jacks on my TV but nothing happens. I have scrolled through all the various channels on it, AV1 AV2 s-Video etc. Everything else runs through my digital box. Do I have to reset up my TV or scan something?
kerpow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 09:28 AM   #2
AliensAreFuzzy
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to AliensAreFuzzy
I figured out that for some reason, when I plug in one of those cables, red and yellow are switched.
AliensAreFuzzy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 09:30 PM   #3
Frank (Atlanta)
macrumors regular

You've probably already checked; however, is the output set correctly? Don't have my iPod photo in front of me; however, in one of the menu options (slide show settings?) one needs to choose PAL or NTSC. Perhaps it's not on PAL right now?

Frank
Frank (Atlanta) is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 09:17 AM   #4
kerpow
macrumors 6502

Yup, got it worked out now. Thanks.

Am I right in thinking that you can't scroll through the music once the slodeshow is running. The moment you press a button the slideshow stops, as does the music. May have to create more specific play lists.
kerpow is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod