Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Less than two hours after going on sale, passes for Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) have already sold out. The quick sellout comes even as Apple imposed new restrictions this year limiting ticket sales to registered iOS and Mac developers and limiting the number of passes available per developer group.

wwdc_2012_sold_out.png

WWDC has sold out increasingly quickly in recent years, selling out in eight days in 2010 and in under 12 hours last year.

The conference will be held June 11-15 at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco.

Article Link: Tickets for WWDC 2012 Sell Out in Under Two Hours

tiptopp

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2008
Norwich, UK
That's funny

I'd only just received my invitation - switched back to MR and this!

Never mind, wasn't going anyway...

Tiptopp

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Maybe it's time to consider moving this to a larger venue.

I don't think it's venue size that limits it. There are only so many Apple employees to teach and do sessions.

arn

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Wow, I was considering going this year as I hadn't gone in a few years. But didn't have much of a chance to even think about it! I didn't even get the email notice until about an hour ago.

acidblue

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
Roswell, GA (unfortunately)
Glad I didn't spend time thinking about it.

Wow, I'm glad I just took a deep breath and pressed the purchase button before I thought about it too much. I'm in deep trouble with my wife, I'm sure.

kdkinsey

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2005
Aliso Viejo, CA
East Coast heavy

Given the timing, I wonder if this year's WWDC will be very East Coast heavy. Folks like me are just getting up on the West Coast and reading the "already sold out" message. I'm betting I am not alone.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
This is all good but I swear to God I'll really lose it if I find tickets getting sold on eBay for 3X Apple's price.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Wow, I knew it was going sell out fast, but not in 2 hours especially given that apple had added those restrictions this year.

crazy4apple

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
London (UK)
Given the timing, I wonder if this year's WWDC will be very East Coast heavy. Folks like me are just getting up on the West Coast and reading the "already sold out" message. I'm betting I am not alone.

I think its just not the East Coast Heavy, i think the international community also been getting them like crazy

and lets not forget the press and bloggers. its a shame really for people in the west coast especially IOS/Mac OS developers who i am sure are dissapointed :( but everyone else :D

ObjectiveV

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
I wonder how much the worry of it selling out fast is what makes it sell out faster every year.

2 hours is crazy fast. But so long as their servers didn't burn down, that's plenty of time to get tickets if you are on the ball at all.

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
Wow, this has to suck for anyone who was wanting to go but was asleep when the emails went out.

Maybe they should think of selling the tickets in batches throughout the day (since as Arn pointed out the event is limited by the number of Apple employees and not the number of attendees they can cram in a room).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.