Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:13 AM   #1
mkristain
Banned

how create or generate barcode in cocoa?

hi all,

help me or guide me to start create barcode in cocoa.

help me from where i start?

thanks.
mkristain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:58 AM   #2
chown33
macrumors 603

What have you tried?

Please answer that question. Describe exactly what you tried, in order to find information on this subject. If you didn't try anything, then say that.

I tried this:
1. Select the title of your thread: how create or generate barcode in cocoa
2. Control-click it. A contextual menu appears.
3. Choose "Search in Google".
4. Look at the first page of results.
5. On that page is a link to this:
http://code.google.com/p/cocoa-touch-barcodes/

For more results, do the search yourself.

If you don't find anything useful, post again, describing exactly what you searched for. (This means you should take notes of what you search for, so you can tell us later what you did.)

You should also spend some time reading barcode articles on Wikipedia, so you can tell us exactly which barcode scheme you want to use. (The barcode article I linked is not the only one. See the links at the end of that article.)

You need to do some searching and reading, so you can accurately describe what you're looking for. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of different barcodes, used for different purposes. If you don't tell us which one, or what you're trying to do, how can we possibly answer your question?
chown33 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:13 AM   #3
mkristain
Banned

yes i checked the Cocoa-Touched-barcode article ,this for iphone when i compile this on my MAC os this gives error

error: There is no SDK with the name or path 'iphoneos'
mkristain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:13 AM   #4
subsonix
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkristain View Post
yes i checked the Cocoa-Touched-barcode article ,this for iphone when i compile this on my MAC os this gives error

error: There is no SDK with the name or path 'iphoneos'
Learn how to use Google.

http://code.google.com/p/cocoabarcodes/
subsonix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:27 AM   #5
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonix View Post
That link is also present on the Cocoa Touch Barcodes page I originally posted. So simply reading web-pages is another thing the OP should learn.
chown33 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 09:53 PM   #6
BadWolf13
macrumors 6502

Well, I don't know too much about barcodes, and how you determine what the thickness of each bar is, or the thickness of the space between bars, that, I'm hoping you already know. A good starting point would be a custom NSView that draws the bars based on a code that's held in a string object. That's how I think I'd go about it.
BadWolf13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 12:06 AM   #7
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolf13 View Post
Well, I don't know too much about barcodes, and how you determine what the thickness of each bar is, or the thickness of the space between bars, that, I'm hoping you already know. A good starting point would be a custom NSView that draws the bars based on a code that's held in a string object. That's how I think I'd go about it.
IIUC, nearly all types of 1D (linear) and 2D (matrix) bar codes use some sort of reference lines to set the rhythm of the code. IOW, they are scalable: a dime-sized code will read just the same as a billboard-sized code, as long as the reader has the physical range and resolution to handle the image. Hence, the sensible cocoa approach is to generate the code using NSBezierPath methods that would be resolution-independent and cleanly resizable.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming