Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gol27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Hi everyone,
I have just received my new saddleback leather case for the iPad third gen. I was wondering if anyone else found it really difficult to get in? I really think its going to be almost impossible to get out! I really love the case I just don't want it to do any damage to the actual iPad.

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
Hi everyone,
I have just received my new saddleback leather case for the iPad third gen. I was wondering if anyone else found it really difficult to get in? I really think its going to be almost impossible to get out! I really love the case I just don't want it to do any damage to the actual iPad.

What color did you get? I'm thinking of ordering one for my ipad2.

Gol27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
What color did you get? I'm thinking of ordering one for my ipad2.

I got the chestnut colour. It's really nice and offers great protection! Thing feels solid as a rock.

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
I received my SBL case a few days ago & love it! It does add some bulk & weight but the protection is outstanding & no longer have to worry when my 8 year old daughter is using my iPad. She wasn't rough with it just a peace of mind that my iPad is safe.

echos

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

rich guy!

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
My Saddleback case is arriving in 5 days (when a friend of mine in New York comes over to the UK and brings the one I ordered)

Dark Coffee Brown

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Don't have the 3rd gen but got it for the 2nd. It's not really designed for frequent insertion/removal.

It's leather. Leather stretches.

Does it feel heavy when installed on the iPad?
It definitely adds weight. I wouldn't call it heavy but YMMV.

Unkei

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I received my SBL case a few days ago & love it! It does add some bulk & weight but the protection is outstanding & no longer have to worry when my 8 year old daughter is using my iPad. She wasn't rough with it just a peace of mind that my iPad is safe.

Get your 8 year old a book! Just kidding, though kids do seem to spend way too much time with electronics these days.

Unkei

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
Get your 8 year old a book! Just kidding, though kids do seem to spend way too much time with electronics these days.

Unkei

I agree kids do spend alot of time on electronics, but she uses my iPad for educational games or websites.

----------

My Saddleback case is arriving in 5 days (when a friend of mine in New York comes over to the UK and brings the one I ordered)

Dark Coffee Brown

I have the Dark Coffee Brown too!

Nipples

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
I realy like the style of the saddleback leather cases....aw man.....why do they have to use pigskin and not the real deal...damn. Sorry saddleback, you are not made for me :-(

Just my few thoughts

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
I realy like the style of the saddleback leather cases....aw man.....why do they have to use pigskin and not the real deal...damn. Sorry saddleback, you are not made for me :-(

Just my few thoughts

The only part that is pigskin is the inside of the case.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I know a guy who taught his two year old how to use an ipad. :eek: ...she is really good with it too.

My 2yr old niece gets on the iPad can change/watch movies and also do puzzle games. She knows how to slide-to-unlock as well. :D

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Wirelessly posted

I decided against a Saddleback Leather iPad case because I have a Sena "hampton" flip case for my iPhone and I hate it when my fingers rub against the leather edges near the display as I'm using it. So, I'm keeping my black Incipio feather smart back and my Apple black leather smart cover.

However, just yesterday, I did receive my medium size Saddleback satchel in dark coffee in the mail. So, I'll be putting my iPad and the Apple wireless keyboard into that for carrying around and protect. The iPad fits perfectly in the back pigskin pocket area, and the keyboard, fits in the front, but rather tightly. I think that once I get it broken in a bit more the keyboard won't seem like such a tight fit.

The quality on this satchel is amazing! I wanted something smaller, not a huge bag to have to carry around- just big enough for my iPad, wireless keyboard and maybe some paperwork and other junk. I hate having to carry around a heavy briefcase, so I'm trying to go as minimalistic and paperless as possible. This satchel will, I think, work out great...and being able to convert it into a backpack for longer treks is very cool.

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
Wirelessly posted

I decided against a Saddleback Leather iPad case because I have a Sena "hampton" flip case for my iPhone and I hate it when my fingers rub against the leather edges near the display as I'm using it. So, I'm keeping my black Incipio feather smart back and my Apple black leather smart cover.

However, just yesterday, I did receive my medium size Saddleback satchel in dark coffee in the mail. So, I'll be putting my iPad and the Apple wireless keyboard into that for carrying around and protect. The iPad fits perfectly in the back pigskin pocket area, and the keyboard, fits in the front, but rather tightly. I think that once I get it broken in a bit more the keyboard won't seem like such a tight fit.

The quality on this satchel is amazing! I wanted something smaller, not a huge bag to have to carry around- just big enough for my iPad, wireless keyboard and maybe some paperwork and other junk. I hate having to carry around a heavy briefcase, so I'm trying to go as minimalistic and paperless as possible. This satchel will, I think, work out great...and being able to convert it into a backpack for longer treks is very cool.

Enjoy your new satchel! I have a medium Tobacco one & love it!

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
just ordered a thin briefcase in chestnut - looking forward to it!

Does anyone have this case?

If you go to their Facebook page there are tons of customer photos of their bags & how they look when the bags age. I thought about getting the classic briefcase but ended up getting the satchel. My next purchase is the tote.

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Wirelessly posted

How long have you had it? I noticed that the dark coffee scratchets pretty easily...I guess that's bound to happen and just adds more character to it.

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
I've had my satchel a little over a month & the scratches don't bother me at all. They do add character :)

MajorC

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Ft.Lauderdale
Best leather anywhere on the planet! I have multiple items including the newest case for the iPad. It does add a bit of bulk. However, it is such a quality piece of craftsmanship, you just don't pay much attention to it. Everybody that sees mine at meetings has to have one. If you can see their products up close and tangible, you will have a better understanding. Be prepared to pay for that quality.;)

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
No problem with the expense....good stuff made by talented people costs....not all of us here are looking for the eBay $1 back or cover.....excited to hit a big meeting next week with my chestnut thin brief....

Gol27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
No problem with the expense....good stuff made by talented people costs....not all of us here are looking for the eBay $1 back or cover.....excited to hit a big meeting next week with my chestnut thin brief....

Random question.. I'm thinking about investing in the same bag, what size do you have? I notice I'm your sig that you have a MBA, I have a 15" MBP an don't have a clue what size to get. The large seems a little too big but the medium not big enough.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Random question.. I'm thinking about investing in the same bag, what size do you have? I notice I'm your sig that you have a MBA, I have a 15" MBP an don't have a clue what size to get. The large seems a little too big but the medium not big enough.

i called them and got a really nice lady that kinda went thru all my stuff I carry and the size of my devices...she recommended the large brief thin. I don;t carry my MBA, I have a LCD epson projector, ipad, cable bag a few other things and occasional change of shirt or the like. A thin will do it as the std bag is really big...I wanted the width but not the depth....watch the videos on their site

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.