Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoneRider

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Lake Stevens WA
I have MacBook Pro, an iPad, and an Android phone. I have set up my work (exchange) calendar and personal (gmail) calendar on all three. Any change made anywhere syncs and updates everywhere. All is good.

Enter iCloud...

Once in a while I don't have any of my devices handy, but have internet access via public computer. I go to iCloud.com, log in and go to the calendar and find absolutely nothing there.

I have searched and read and still can't seem to figure this out. Some of what I have read seems to suggest that nothing will sync TO iCloud, and for it to work as I would like, I would have to have the calendars ON iCloud as the "host" and only then will iCloud sync with the devices.

Is this the case? If so it seems pretty lame. If it can all get to the Mac and the iPad from the outside sources, why can't it get to iCloud from the original sources as well?

If it can't be done it can't be done and I will just give up on iCloud for what was really the only benefit it would have given me. If what I want CAN be done, any help in making it happen would be appreciated.

LoneRider

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Lake Stevens WA
it only syncs iCloud calendars, yours are not. log into http://www.google.com to view your personal calendar from a public computer?

That's what I figured. I can go to Google and I can go to my works OWA site as well, was just hoping to have a single point where I could see it all like I do with iCal on the Mac, iPad, and iPod.

Oh well, guess I can't have everything! Thanks for the reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.