Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:29 PM   #1
crs355
macrumors newbie

Exclamation I FORGOT MY PASSWORD LOCK ON MY iPHONE!

Ok guys, I need help. I am a long time iPhone lover and I have gone threw 3. I bought the iPhone 4 when it came out and saved my iPhone 3 for back up. Now I've never needed it until now but it's for my little sister since someone stole hers at Six Falgs(I personally think she lost it on a ride, but thats besides the point) Now Im letting her have it instead of buying a new one since its laying around. But here's the thing.... I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!!!! AND IT HAS NO ACTIVE SIM. So my question is, do I have to take it to Apple to get into it, the AT&T store, or is there an at-home trick to unlocking it?

Please all tips and help is welcome.
crs355 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:23 AM   #2
braddick
macrumors 68040

I purchased a used iPhone on eBay and it arrived with a passcode, so I feel your pain.
This is the method I used and instead of writing it up will just copy/paste the link here:
http://osxdaily.com/2011/01/16/forgo...-how-to-reset/
braddick is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:14 AM   #3
DroidRules
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs355 View Post
Ok guys, I need help. I am a long time iPhone lover and I have gone threw 3. I bought the iPhone 4 when it came out and saved my iPhone 3 for back up. Now I've never needed it until now but it's for my little sister since someone stole hers at Six Falgs(I personally think she lost it on a ride, but thats besides the point) Now Im letting her have it instead of buying a new one since its laying around. But here's the thing.... I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!!!! AND IT HAS NO ACTIVE SIM. So my question is, do I have to take it to Apple to get into it, the AT&T store, or is there an at-home trick to unlocking it?

Can't you just dfu restore?
DroidRules is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:16 AM   #4
FeaRThiS
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Can't you just go steal another one without a password on it. Lol
FeaRThiS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeaRThiS View Post
Can't you just go steal another one without a password on it. Lol
Why do people assume its stolen?!

Op google gfu restore
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Floris
macrumors regular

Phew, thankfully you still got your capslock key.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:45 AM   #7
FeaRThiS
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
Why do people assume its stolen?!

Op google gfu restore
Because the guys gone "threw" 3 iPhone yet never used the site and his first post is how to get into a stolen sorry I mean locked iPhone that he forgot the pin to.
FeaRThiS is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:25 AM   #8
Phone Junky
macrumors regular

Quote:
Because the guys gone "threw" 3 iPhone yet never used the site and his first post is how to get into a stolen sorry I mean locked iPhone that he forgot the pin to.
You do realize there are millions of iPhone users that "never used the site". Believe it or not, there are people that buy a device and JUST USE IT.

Last edited by Phone Junky; Apr 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
Phone Junky is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:36 AM   #9
FeaRThiS
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone Junky View Post
You do realize there are millions of iPhone users that "never used the site". Be leave it or not, there are people that buy a device and JUST USE IT.
Yer sure there are but something tells me that there are not millions of people who put a pin of an iphone and the "forget" it.
FeaRThiS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Leet Apple
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Yer sure there are but something tells me that there are not millions of people who put a pin of an iphone and the "forget" it.
What do you gain from not helping out someone who you are not 100% sure stole the iPhone?

Stuff like this happens
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:23 PM   #11
lordofthereef
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone Junky View Post
You do realize there are millions of iPhone users that "never used the site". Be leave it or not, there are people that buy a device and JUST USE IT.
I can't be leave it. I simply can't.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:52 PM   #12
Hype2k2
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I work with living proof of that and I can say I have a restore for her in case she does it for the fourth time. She is a complete ditz on passwords and pins. Best part of all is that she saves all of her passwords in the note app...
Hype2k2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:03 PM   #13
fullmanfullninj
macrumors regular

Quote:

Very easy. Just restore. Unfortunately you will lose all information you have on the device, but you can just restore through iTunes to a previous backup.

And of course some people say "but I never backed up my iPhone" or "I don't have the computer that i used to use anymore". But unfortunately, you're SOL (to my knowledge) and should just stick to restoring.

If you've just left it lying around, chances are you didn't need any important information off that phone anyway, so no troubles! Obviously if you forgot the passcode, you didn't use it too often since you got your 4, so clearly there must not have been extremely vital or important information on there. So cheers!
fullmanfullninj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone