Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dasaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Hi all,

I have problem installing Mac Os X Leopard on my Lenovo PC, it has Windows 7, so I want to have 2 OS on my PC.

Here are some photos of my problem:

img1180q.jpg

img1179rq.jpg

img1181fv.jpg

Maybe anyone know what to do?

Sorry for my bad english,

Thank you for your help and time :)

Dasaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you for the quick reply. Is there a way to use Mac, or I just can't on this PC? Maybe there are other versions that are compatible with my computer?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Thank you for the quick reply. Is there a way to use Mac, or I just can't on this PC? Maybe there are other versions that are compatible with my computer?

There are specific types of purpose-built Windows machines commonly referred to as hackintoshes that you can install OS X on. The common out-of-the-box laptops will not work. Unless you are willing to invest significant time, money, and technical knowledge into building a hackintosh you are out of luck.

Dasaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
There are specific types of purpose-built Windows machines commonly referred to as hackintoshes that you can install OS X on. The common out-of-the-box laptops will not work. Unless you are willing to invest significant time, money, and technical knowledge into building a hackintosh you are out of luck.

I have a PC not laptop, I already tried to install, it gives me USBF error, here it is:

img1174ve.jpg

img1175bp.jpg

I think it's compatible, but how to fix this error?

It says "...trouble to enumerate a device..." and after this it says "Still waiting for root device" and then again trouble to enumerate...

Thank you for helping me :)

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
I have a PC not laptop, I already tried to install, it gives me USBF error, here it is:

It says "...trouble to enumerate a device..." and after this it says "Still waiting for root device" and then again trouble to enumerate...

Your PC is not compatible. Slight modifications need to be made outside of just putting the OSX disc into the computer.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Have you tried the following Hackintosh specific fora and websites yet, since you want to install Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware?

PC is short for "Personal Computer", not for Windows. A notebook/laptop is a PC too.

Why do you think that?

Look at the links I provided above and maybe register at one or two Hackintosh specific message boards and provide more specific information what exact hardware you use.
To find out, you can use Everest Home Edition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.