Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:32 AM   #1
baite
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Monster Beats by Dr Dre Tour w/ Control Talk

I heard that the Monster Tour headphone always had a serious problem, like technical issues over a short period of time after purchase. Some of the issues like decreased in sound quality, low output of sound etc over short duration. Is this true? If not, then can i buy this headphone? Will it be worth it? I'm a bass head. Please HELP!! any other alternative would be highly appreciated,. But i want headphone with tangle-free cord, and a good BASS!!
baite is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:31 AM   #2
HeyGreggie
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by baite View Post
I heard that the Monster Tour headphone always had a serious problem, like technical issues over a short period of time after purchase. Some of the issues like decreased in sound quality, low output of sound etc over short duration. Is this true? If not, then can i buy this headphone? Will it be worth it? I'm a bass head. Please HELP!! any other alternative would be highly appreciated,. But i want headphone with tangle-free cord, and a good BASS!!
The tangle free beats always end up breaking or having a short in the cord after a long term of use so even the folks at the store will tell you go for the round cord and not the square cord.

But I have some Sol Republics... and they sound better than the beats. Only cost me $59
HeyGreggie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:02 PM   #3
baite
macrumors newbie

okay, then how about Soul by Ludacris SL49? are they worth it? I heard that the cables too heavy and the earpiece design doesn't provide much noise isolation
baite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:28 PM   #4
labman
macrumors 604

decide what type of headphone you want and budget if you want exaggerated bass then bass enhanced stuff like beats etc are the way to go. however your high range will be sacrificed as well. if you want a audiophile type headphones Dre's and Ludacris are not the way to go.. read some amazon reviews on them. and do a search and see how many people are selling theirs on ebay.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:44 PM   #5
baite
macrumors newbie

Red face

Okay, any suggestions??? I listen to music genre like Pop, Metal & sometimes R&B. I've been diggin the internet for the perfect in ear headphone, but couldn't find one to my liking. My budget is around 120$..
baite is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories