Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Oct 9, 2011, 02:32 AM   #1
nashmills
macrumors member

Will scheduled shutdown ever work?

I'm now on my second Mac with the same problem. I want to schedule it to switch itself on at 6am and turn itself off at 11pm every day. Switching on works fine but turning off doesn't.

It will always turn off an hour early unless I interrupt it. If I do interrupt it there is a 50/50 chance whether it will turn off at 11pm or stay on all night.

My original machine was a 27" iMac with Snow Leopard which I subsequently upgraded to Lion. This was recently replaced with a 2011 Mac Mini which came with Lion but still has exactly the same problem.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem please?
nashmills is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2
frnk
macrumors newbie

Scheduled shutdown

Same issue here, Lion, 10.7.3 I think is started with daylight saving time in March. Reset nvram which seemed to fix it for a while but doing it again now. I've set shutdown for an hour later than desired to see if it shuts down when I want it to...
frnk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion