|Apr 29, 2012, 03:05 PM||#1|
Got an 80GB iPod classic? If so, it could be possible you can help!
Basically, to put a long story short, I am looking to get past the stupid EU volume limit on my 80GB iPod Classic. Now, the problem is that the particular file that I need to edit is encrypted and still no one has been able to get it sorted. So, I think I have found the file and I was wondering if anyone outside the EU who has an iPod classic which contains non volume limited software (you can tell pretty simply by knowing if your iPod is painfully quiet or not!) could please just copy and upload the particular file so that I can basically just swap the files. Also, could people just check that this would work and won't kill my iPod...that could be bad! The file I am swapping is 'iPod Control/Devices' It is a particular file in there, but am really looking for the whole file! I don't how much the software changes between the iPod classic models but my serial number ends in Y5N, so, if you a non capped 80GB classic and preferably windows, please could you help by copying the file called 'device' onto your hard drive then either post here or pm me so we can get it moved onto my pc. I am not only doing this for myself but for every other person stuck with an EU ipod due to the French's inability to turn their music down. To do it, the instructions for a windows pc are below:
1. I don't know whether the particular iPod matters, mine is an 80GB iPod Classic 6Gen, I'd say you'd need to be the same, at least for a start.
2. Plug it in to your pc (rather this than mac).
3. Go to control panel > Appearance & Personalization > Folder Options > View (one of the tabs at the top) > Select the box for Show hidden files, folders and drives > Click OK.
4. Go to 'My Computer' > Your iPod > Ipod_Control
5. Could you please copy the file for device onto your hard drive on your computer.
6. Find the file on your hard drive, right click it and click 'take ownership' then go to the properties of the file and under the general tab, in attributes, unselect the box for 'hidden' and 'read only'.
7. Click OK and make sure you apply it to all files within the folder.
You can then go back into control panel and untick the box for hiding the folders. The above instructions were for windows 7, other windows version won't be too different! If you are able to do this, please can you please post on this thread and I will give you my email address so you could send it to me or could you please upload it.
I am sure the above sounds incredibly confusing, if you are confused about anything, please let me know and I will try to clarify it!
Any help would be much appreciated both by me and the other EU iPod owners.
|Apr 30, 2012, 03:58 PM||#2|
Come on, please, somebody must have an 80GB 6 gen classic...I can't tell you how much appreciated any help provided would be by not only me but by every other EU iPod owner, and there are thousands of us. Just think of how many people your small action...
|May 1, 2012, 04:47 AM||#3|
|May 2, 2012, 07:59 PM||#5|
Dude I am a tec. Expert if Ben to 6 years in collage it is not possible even if you find a working iPod and swap the file it won't work it will just freeze sorry not trying to make you sad
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|iPod Classic 80GB||sheppy1||Apple Collectors||7||May 28, 2015 01:55 AM|
|iPod Classic 80GB having issues. Also what HD is compatible for replacement?||rednev||iPod||2||May 30, 2014 03:39 AM|
|Resolved: Old iPod classic won't play music: New iPod classic Frozen||Scepticalscribe||iPod||3||Feb 19, 2014 04:18 PM|
|iPod Classic 80GB||sheppy1||iPod||7||Jan 9, 2014 09:10 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.