Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I apologize if this has already been answered but a search of the forums didn't provide an answer for me.

I know that under normal settings, there is no way to turn off the shutter noise on the iPhone camera. I read on ehow that you could do this by downloading the Mobilefinder app from iTunes and going into the system files. That app is no longer available so my question is - without jailbreaking my phone, is there any way other than turning the sound off via the mute button, to turn off the shutter noise on the camera?

Thanks for any feedback.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Ive read in the past that the noise is there to alert someone of you taking the picture of them. Privacy etc.

Nikhil123

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2012
You can shut off your camera shutters noise by going to the options and there you shut off the camera shutters noise and keep your camera shutter noise on silent you just go to the settings of your camera and done the new settings to your camera the shutter sound option is in the settings of your camera from where you can off this

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
You can shut off your camera shutters noise by going to the options and there you shut off the camera shutters noise and keep your camera shutter noise on silent you just go to the settings of your camera and done the new settings to your camera the shutter sound option is in the settings of your camera from where you can off this

Nope, doesn't work in regions where shutter noise is obligatory for privacy reasons. The mute switch works though. Would you be so kind as to consider using at least periods/capitals in your future contributions?

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Is this a Japanese iPhone?

I know all Japanese cellphones (not sure if the iPhone got included) had to have a shutter sound on at all times. Too many people taking "up skirt" pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.