Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:16 PM   #1
ECUpirate44
Banned

Recommend a head unit and speakers (04 Jeep Liberty)

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to replace the head unit and speakers in my 04 liberty. I need something that will play music from the iPhone using an AUX cord, and possibly bluetooth calling from speakers with a mic in the head unit?? Not sure if I'm making that up or not. Also looking to replace the stock speakers with something that sounds halfway decent. Not looking to spend more than 200ish between the two. There's tons of brands out there and I have no idea what's crap and what's good. Thanks for the help!
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:33 AM   #2
takeshi74
macrumors 601

There are countless options. You need to shop around based on your preferences when it comes to car audio (e.g. listen to the options for yourself and decide). I'd suggest hitting a car audio forum as you'll get more and better responses. Depending on what you're looking to accomplish your budget and simply relying on a head unit and speakers may not be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
with a mic in the head unit??
The mic typically isn't in the head unit. You'd run the mic to a suitable location for picking up your voice.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:53 AM   #3
krs7272
macrumors regular

I'm thinking about getting my Mom the Alpine CDE-136BT
krs7272 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories