Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to replace the head unit and speakers in my 04 liberty. I need something that will play music from the iPhone using an AUX cord, and possibly bluetooth calling from speakers with a mic in the head unit?? Not sure if I'm making that up or not. Also looking to replace the stock speakers with something that sounds halfway decent. Not looking to spend more than 200ish between the two. There's tons of brands out there and I have no idea what's crap and what's good. Thanks for the help!

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
There are countless options. You need to shop around based on your preferences when it comes to car audio (e.g. listen to the options for yourself and decide). I'd suggest hitting a car audio forum as you'll get more and better responses. Depending on what you're looking to accomplish your budget and simply relying on a head unit and speakers may not be enough.

with a mic in the head unit??
The mic typically isn't in the head unit. You'd run the mic to a suitable location for picking up your voice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.