Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 7, 2005, 09:53 AM   #1
Gary King
macrumors 6502

How do I move my files on my Mac iPod to my Windows?

How do I move my files on my Mac iPod to my Windows? Mac iPod, meaning Mac formatted. How can I do this without going through a Mac?
Gary King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 09:56 AM   #2
rockthecasbah
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary King
How do I move my files on my Mac iPod to my Windows? Mac iPod, meaning Mac formatted. How can I do this without going through a Mac?
If you have two email accounts (i do) you could email the file to yourself and just do that repeatedly. hahaha. Data CD / DVD depending on burner and file size works too if you can't use an iPod.
"Ignore her, she's a feminist"
rockthecasbah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:29 AM   #3
aricher
macrumors 68020

You won't be able to mount a Mac-formatted iPod on a Windows machine. You can, however, mount a Windows formatted iPod on the Mac.

Either email yourself your music, setup a file sharing network system or put all your music on a FAT32 formatted hard drive. I recently gave my Mom a FAT32 formatted drive full of music that she uses with her PC but I can also mount on the Mac to add more music to periodically.
aricher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 01:37 PM   #4
AENAON
macrumors member

Ofcourse u can, with a widnows software called MacDrive 6
http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/

U can access any HFS or HFS+ volume, and u can even format a partion like that. works perfectly, never crashed on me
AENAON is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 02:16 PM   #5
Westside guy
macrumors 601

Another option would be to turn on the ssh server on your Mac (System Preferences -> Sharing -> Remote Login). Then, on your Windows box, install WinSCP, which is a free scp/sftp program. This will let you easily transfer your music files (and any other documents you might want) from your Mac to the Windows machine.

If you're going to have both Windows and Mac machines around, you may find the aforementioned MacDrive to be very helpful at times.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 02:27 PM   #6
ITASOR
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ITASOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthecasbah
If you have two email accounts (i do) you could email the file to yourself and just do that repeatedly. hahaha. Data CD / DVD depending on burner and file size works too if you can't use an iPod.
You could just e-mail it to yourself with one e-mail address too...lol.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod