Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:28 AM   #1
GonzagaDynasty
macrumors regular

Selling old iPhone- how to delete everything?

So guys I got a new phone and am selling my old iPhone 4 on eBay. I'm selling it jailbroken on 5.01 and so I didn't want to restore it and lose the jailbreak and be stuck on 5.1.

Since I'm somewhat paranoid, I want to make sure I delete everything I can so I feel secure selling it to a stranger. I can across a how to article on how to basically reset everything on the phone through the settings on the phone

http://www.ehow.com/how_4704217_erase-personal-data-off-iphone.html

Would this restore the phone like through iTunes, or would this be the way to delete everything and keep it on 5.01 and jailbroken? If not, what do you guys recccomend? Thanks!
GonzagaDynasty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:48 AM   #2
ZCherub
macrumors 6502a

DO NOT DELETE INFO FROM THE SETTINGS ON THE PHONE! If you have your blobs & APTicket saved for 5.0.1, do a fresh restore to 5.0.1, & set up as new iPhone in iTunes, then re-jailbreak w/ Redsn0w.
ZCherub is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:17 PM   #3
GonzagaDynasty
macrumors regular

No, I don't have any of that saved. Cannot do a restore.

I deleted all apps, signed out of the app store, itunes, ect. deleted all messages, contacts, email accounts... obviously also removed my SIM card.

Am I missing anything? What could someone potentially "hack"?
GonzagaDynasty is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks