Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GonzagaDynasty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
So guys I got a new phone and am selling my old iPhone 4 on eBay. I'm selling it jailbroken on 5.01 and so I didn't want to restore it and lose the jailbreak and be stuck on 5.1.

Since I'm somewhat paranoid, I want to make sure I delete everything I can so I feel secure selling it to a stranger. I can across a how to article on how to basically reset everything on the phone through the settings on the phone

http://www.ehow.com/how_4704217_erase-personal-data-off-iphone.html

Would this restore the phone like through iTunes, or would this be the way to delete everything and keep it on 5.01 and jailbroken? If not, what do you guys recccomend? Thanks!

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
DO NOT DELETE INFO FROM THE SETTINGS ON THE PHONE! If you have your blobs & APTicket saved for 5.0.1, do a fresh restore to 5.0.1, & set up as new iPhone in iTunes, then re-jailbreak w/ Redsn0w.

GonzagaDynasty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
No, I don't have any of that saved. Cannot do a restore.

I deleted all apps, signed out of the app store, itunes, ect. deleted all messages, contacts, email accounts... obviously also removed my SIM card.

Am I missing anything? What could someone potentially "hack"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.