Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:52 AM   #1
xxbrankxx
macrumors member

XBMC questions for jailbroken ATV2

I jailbroke my AppleTV2 and put XMBC (Eden 11.0) on it. I installed SMBUp on my iMac and added my external hard drive to my network. Everytime I log in XBMC on my AppleTV2 it says "Loading media info from files". I have several thousand songs and it takes quite a while to do this. Is this supposed to scan every time you log in XBMC?

Also is there a way to scroll faster using the aluminum Apple remote when browsing Artists? It's super fast when scrolling through music when you're in the default music section in AppleTV, but very slow in XBMC.

I also have a folder of DVD rips that I ripped, encoded, and tagged in the .m4v format. When I locate the folder that the movies are in on my external hard drive (that is networked) in XBMC , the folder appears empty, when there's hundreds of movies in the folder. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thank you very much for your help.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:55 AM   #2
LaunchpadBS
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbrankxx View Post
I jailbroke my AppleTV2 and put XMBC (Eden 11.0) on it. I installed SMBUp on my iMac and added my external hard drive to my network. Everytime I log in XBMC on my AppleTV2 it says "Loading media info from files". I have several thousand songs and it takes quite a while to do this. Is this supposed to scan every time you log in XBMC?

Also is there a way to scroll faster using the aluminum Apple remote when browsing Artists? It's super fast when scrolling through music when you're in the default music section in AppleTV, but very slow in XBMC.

I also have a folder of DVD rips that I ripped, encoded, and tagged in the .m4v format. When I locate the folder that the movies are in on my external hard drive (that is networked) in XBMC , the folder appears empty, when there's hundreds of movies in the folder. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thank you very much for your help.
As far as I know it does this only once to build your library, just let it run, I have about 500GB of movies, series and music, I just let it run overnight and it was done by morning.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater