Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old May 1, 2012, 04:46 PM   #1
lifeguard90
macrumors 6502a

So, were in this far, May or WWDC?

what time is most likely, seeing Ivy has been out a week and no real news or shortages tips of substantial substance has rolled in about iMac, let alone much on mbp. Do you think were really gonna have to wait 6 weeks until WWDC? that would suck, its only been a week and not having my own computer is wigging me out; ( no i will not buy 2011 model now)
lifeguard90 is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Mike Valmike
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard90 View Post
what time is most likely, seeing Ivy has been out a week and no real news or shortages tips of substantial substance has rolled in about iMac, let alone much on mbp. Do you think were really gonna have to wait 6 weeks until WWDC? that would suck, its only been a week and not having my own computer is wigging me out; ( no i will not buy 2011 model now)
They won't let it go that long (I speculate). If not by Thursday, then next week. Like you, I won't pay full ticket for 12-month-old specs.
Mike Valmike is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 05:57 PM   #3
ThisIsMe
macrumors regular

We wont see anything new till WWDC!
ThisIsMe is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 05:59 PM   #4
lifeguard90
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMe View Post
We wont see anything new till WWDC!
Not cool !. Why bother calling the imac 2012 model when 2012 is half over
lifeguard90 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 06:01 PM   #5
ThisIsMe
macrumors regular

Quote:
lol Just kidding. Apple needs to hurry the hell up because I'm ready to buy.
ThisIsMe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 06:02 PM   #6
dearlaserworks
macrumors regular

Quote:
Don't worry, Apple will refer to them as "Late 2012"
dearlaserworks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 06:03 PM   #7
forty2j
macrumors 68030

Folks, please get off the WWDC. It's not happening there. It has absolutely no reason to happen there. Even if you want to tie it to Mountain Lion (which there's also no reason to do), Mountain Lion won't be out until August-September.

The last time the iMac was introduced at the WWDC was.. never. That's right. Not once has the WWDC ever been used to introduce an iMac. The last Mac hardware announcement at WWDC was the 2009 MBPs. The last desktop announcement at WWDC was the original Mac Pro in 2006. The only vaguely iMac-ish announcement at WWDC was the Intel announcement in 2005, which still didn't introduce any specific models.

The WWDC is a software developer conference, not a hardware release event.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:06 PM   #8
imwest
macrumors newbie

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 2010 iMac get released the same day as the 2010 Mac Pro? I'm guessing that they are both getting refreshed on the same day this time around too. That would be great for me. My iMac's graphics card just died so I will be replacing that computer plus I would like to replace an old PPC Mac Pro I still use at work. I would love to have options.
imwest is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 06:44 PM   #9
salmoally
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwest View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 2010 iMac get released the same day as the 2010 Mac Pro? I'm guessing that they are both getting refreshed on the same day this time around too. That would be great for me. My iMac's graphics card just died so I will be replacing that computer plus I would like to replace an old PPC Mac Pro I still use at work. I would love to have options.
Or like when the MBA was refreshed and the white macbook just disappeared...might happen to the mac pro when the iMac lands.
salmoally is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 07:16 PM   #10
lifeguard90
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
Folks, please get off the WWDC. It's not happening there. It has absolutely no reason to happen there. Even if you want to tie it to Mountain Lion (which there's also no reason to do), Mountain Lion won't be out until August-September.

The last time the iMac was introduced at the WWDC was.. never. That's right. Not once has the WWDC ever been used to introduce an iMac. The last Mac hardware announcement at WWDC was the 2009 MBPs. The last desktop announcement at WWDC was the original Mac Pro in 2006. The only vaguely iMac-ish announcement at WWDC was the Intel announcement in 2005, which still didn't introduce any specific models.

The WWDC is a software developer conference, not a hardware release event.
Funny thing is i completely agree with what you said and thought that myself. Its just empty weeks and months back to back is taking a toll. If we had supply strain info or more stories ( last was nearly 30days ago) then knocking off wwdc would be complete
lifeguard90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac