Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
Anyone know of an app that will allow you to rip YouTube videos directly to your iPad? I'm doubting it's possible because if your iPad is not jail broken, then everything can only be managed via iTunes I.e. adding videos.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so :D

Anyone?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Anyone know of an app that will allow you to rip YouTube videos directly to your iPad? I'm doubting it's possible because if your iPad is not jail broken, then everything can only be managed via iTunes I.e. adding videos.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so :D

Anyone?

1. Unfortunately, it seems the latest YouTube Terms and Conditions don't allow downloading any more; this is why for example Tube Downloader ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tube-downloader-free-free/id450777210?mt=8 ) has removed YouTube support. (There may be other DL'ers that still support YouTube, though. The AppStore search for "Youtube download" resulted in several hits.)

2. Directly for YouTube downloads was MiTube back in 2008? 2009?. Needless to say, Apple removed it since.

3. For jailbroken devices, there're tons of downloaders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.