Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:53 AM   #1
tytanic11
macrumors member

TiVo to Apple TV

I have a TiVo Premiere and I'm looking to get my recorded shows from my TiVo to iTunes so that I can stream them to my appletv 3. I've tried Roxio Toast and found that it only converts at a very low resolution (480p ?), which looks like crap on my TV. Is there any way to get my recordings converted for iTunes at full resolution ?
tytanic11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Wildog27
macrumors member

This works great with my TiVoHD http://code.google.com/p/itivo/ Not sure how it would work with a Premiere.
Wildog27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:56 AM   #3
machpost
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytanic11 View Post
I have a TiVo Premiere and I'm looking to get my recorded shows from my TiVo to iTunes so that I can stream them to my appletv 3. I've tried Roxio Toast and found that it only converts at a very low resolution (480p ?), which looks like crap on my TV. Is there any way to get my recordings converted for iTunes at full resolution ?
In a PC environment, I've done this before. I used a utility called DirectShow Dump to unlock the .tivo file and turn it into a usable MPEG2 file, then used Handbrake to convert to MPEG4. It was time consuming, but the end product looked great.
machpost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:19 PM   #4
A2DY
macrumors member

Wish this was an option on the UK TiVo.

Its so locked down you can't access the recordings on anything other than the actual TiVo. Can't even stream to another TiVo in the same network!
A2DY is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater