Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old May 1, 2012, 03:30 AM   #1
thebassmanmac
macrumors newbie

Strange things after Time capsule soft re-set

Hi Guys
I have a MacBook and time capsule that i have been using since 2009, all has been working well.
I am just about to upgreade the hard disk in my MacBook so thought i had better try and access the time capsule.
Anyway, as i had forgot the time capsule password i did a soft re-set to get in and create a new password.
All seemed good.
Next day when i switch on my MacBook, time machine tells me last back up "none".
So after several heart attacks later i enter time machine and all my back ups still seem to be there and still seem accessable. It's as though its now treating my MacBook as a new device.

Time machine is now backing up every hour as usual.

Also, on start up my wireless will not automatically connect, i have to go and manually connect each time.

Any ideas??

As i have got other back ups, i was wondering whether to do a hard re-set and start from fresh after my new hard drive install.

cheers

thebassmanmac
thebassmanmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 10:54 AM   #2
marzer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebassmanmac View Post
i did a soft re-set to get in and create a new password.
Have you tried a hard reset? Pull the power plug? I have found that on occasion its resolves finicky behavior not corrected by a soft reset.
marzer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals