Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james341

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Good day to you all
I decided to open up this thread to see if someone is mad like me and did a reservation for the i'mwatch from Italy.
I want to hear from you if you ordered it and what is the status of your order because I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.
If someone don't know what is the imwatch , you can go to there website here to see:
http://www.imwatch.it/us-en/

And some photos :
Slide-Watch_800x450-px.jpg

So this is my order :
I ordered 1 imwatch color one in black in the pre order and payed for it 249€
I did my reservation in the 25/05/2011
My order number is 10096
I got some mails that my order need to be ship in the 19 in April 2012 but got nothing from them so I called and they told me that they start the delivery by chronological order and I will get mine in 4 weeks from now

Maybe if someone have also order number we can understand what is going on

I will be glad to hear from others

Thanks

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
interesting... haven't heard about this one. I am currently a backer of the Pebble but that thing won't ship till September. Kind of looks like an iPod nano... but... looks like its more of a stand alone product than a relay like the Pebble. Are these prices right in US currency.... $469 dollars... uh... that seems a bit outrageous.

I think I will read reviews once this thing hits the open market.

james341

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Be sure that I will post a video review in the moment I get it.
The price is indeed very high but again you are getting something better than a regular watch.

njdevil

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2009
I've also never heard of this, and that website does not fill me with confidence.

I can't exactly put my finger on why, but I get a feeling that it's not a fully legit company/product...Like a KIRF knockoff of a Pebble or something. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just the poor english making me uneasy, but I want to see some other people get these before I look at them seriously.

Edit- for example, what the heck is this supposed to do:
calls.jpg

You need to take out your phone anyway, so why have the dialpad on the watch? What?

This claims to do too many weird things. I call shenanigans.

Last edited:

james341

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I've also never heard of this, and that website does not fill me with confidence.

I can't exactly put my finger on why, but I get a feeling that it's not a fully legit company/product...Like a KIRF knockoff of a Pebble or something. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just the poor english making me uneasy, but I want to see some other people get these before I look at them seriously.

Edit- for example, what the heck is this supposed to do:Image

You need to take out your phone anyway, so why have the dialpad on the watch? What?

This claims to do too many weird things. I call shenanigans.

You can call from the watch - for your question
The watch have speaker so you don't need to take the phone out

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Jan 26, 2010
How is this an apple accessory ??

It's just a stand alone android device, similar to dozens of other android devices that probably wouldn't make sense to post here either.

james341

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
It's apple accessorie like its android accessorie
It works with all operational systems

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
James, you have clearly been scammed. The product does not exist. Don't you find it strange that there are zero photos of the device? The photos on the site are all photoshops.

Having a booth at CES with flyers of your imaginary device prove nothing.

Wow.

I really need to quit my job and just scam people full time. It would be so easy.

EDIT: Either James is really gullible to purchase something that doesn't exist, or this is spam being posted by James to get idiots to purchase the non-existent item.

james341

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
James, you have clearly been scammed. The product does not exist. Don't you find it strange that there are zero photos of the device? The photos on the site are all photoshops.

Having a booth at CES with flyers of your imaginary device prove nothing.

Wow.

I really need to quit my job and just scam people full time. It would be so easy.

EDIT: Either James is really gullible to purchase something that doesn't exist, or this is spam being posted by James to get idiots to purchase the non-existent item.

What the hell???????????
Spam ??? me?>?\\\:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

what to talking about - guys you are really really don't understand this product i alive and i will post here a review in the moment it will arrive to me ...do a little search in the web and than post your comments

http://vimeo.com/35382568

sausalito68

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
Hi,

Just to tell you that I preordered my I'mwatch last year on the 29th of October and I'm still waiting for it.

Due to the non respect of the delays, I have introduced 10 days ago a complain at the European Consumer Center who is entitled to investigate about disputes regarding customers who have bought on Internet and who do not receive what they ordered.

I wonder if the society is not going to be one of the most commercial trickery. Even if they were at the CES in Las Vegas, the non delivery is not good at all.

Hope we can retrieve our money.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
It takes a leap of faith to buy unreviewed, untested and possibly vaporware bit of high tech gear. Whatever happened to Sony Ericsson's LiveView?

The battery life could be rubbish, the firmware buggy, have you ever seen a good speaker on a wristwatch... (is there a built in mike?)

That watch screams out for an OLED display & Bluetooth 4.

How do you update the firmware?

If Apple added Bluetooth 4.0 to the current Nano...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.