Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:59 AM   #1
davis168
macrumors newbie

Automatic Software Update Issue 10.7.3

Hello,

I'm having a hard time resolving an issue with my automatic software update service on my imac running 10.7.3. It keeps telling me that the server is not responding. After verifying internet connectivity and also using the service on my other mac successfully, I began searching for a resolution. The common resolution I found was to remove the com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist file from the /Library/Preferences/ folder. I've tried this but I still get the same unsuccessful result.

If there's anyone out there that can provide some additional insight on how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

Davis
davis168 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:09 AM   #2
macnjack
macrumors member

Have you modified your hosts files to avoid any apple software from registering? i.e. software you may not have obtained legitimately. You would know if you have done this...just a thought to jog your memory.

Any programs such as Little snitch accidently blocking the outgoing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis168 View Post
Hello,

I'm having a hard time resolving an issue with my automatic software update service on my imac running 10.7.3. It keeps telling me that the server is not responding. After verifying internet connectivity and also using the service on my other mac successfully, I began searching for a resolution. The common resolution I found was to remove the com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist file from the /Library/Preferences/ folder. I've tried this but I still get the same unsuccessful result.

If there's anyone out there that can provide some additional insight on how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

Davis
macnjack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 08:44 PM   #3
davis168
macrumors newbie

Hey macnjack,

Good call on the hosts file. I should have mentioned I checked this possibility as well but nothing.

I'm not familiar with little snitch so i would have to say no.

I have to admit that I did torrent ilife 11 like an idiot when I had no reason to. Long story short iphoto was all messed up and I ended copying the iphoto app from my macbook air to get it going again.
davis168 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help