Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
3bs
macrumors 603

ThingSling - use your phone one handed

I just got this for my iPhone 4S and I'm loving it so far. I can actually see myself using a bigger phone if I had this stuck to the back. My brother has it on his Galaxy Note and he says it's great for a big phone like that.

I just thought I'd share this. I am in no way affiliated. It's cheap and if you don't like it then just take it off. I have a skin on the back of my iPhone (which the website suggests for iPhones).

http://www.thingsling.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3579.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	337921

Name:	ThingSling-4.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	337919

Name:	ThingSling-1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	337920

Last edited by 3bs; Apr 30, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
3bs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Arnezie
macrumors 65816

Interesting ,,,,, not sure if I would want one since I use mine one handed often with no problems . Not sure how you wouldn't use just one hand. ... but either way it kinda belongs in the accessories section

Last edited by Arnezie; Apr 30, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Arnezie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:39 PM   #3
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnezie View Post
Interesting ,,,,, not sure if I would want one since I use mine one handed often with no problems . Not sure how you wouldn't use just one hand. ... but either way it kinda belongs in the accessories section
I know I usually use my iPhone one handed too with no problems but this helps to make sure it doesn't fall. It's probably more useful for bigger phones.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:07 PM   #4
NewtonApple
Banned

This will,solve the problems with the people who have the small hands when the new 4.5" iPhone 5 comes out in fall!
NewtonApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:16 PM   #5
lordofthereef
macrumors 604

I want to hear what the people that argue that a case makes the iPhone look ugly have to say about this thing!

I can see how it could be useful, but it could look a little nicer. Does it make it any harder to slip into a pocket?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:18 PM   #6
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
I want to hear what the people that argue that a case makes the iPhone look ugly have to say about this thing!

I can see how it could be useful, but it could look a little nicer. Does it make it any harder to slip into a pocket?
Yeah I guess it could look better

No problems getting in and out of my pocket so far.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:26 PM   #7
lordofthereef
macrumors 604

I have another question for ya!

How well would you say this thing sticks? We like to run and my fiance prefers to hold her phone in her hand rather than keep it in the armband. She has been doing the armband thing mostly for safety, but I feel like she would love one of these so long as they stay on very well.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:31 PM   #8
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
I have another question for ya!

How well would you say this thing sticks? We like to run and my fiance prefers to hold her phone in her hand rather than keep it in the armband. She has been doing the armband thing mostly for safety, but I feel like she would love one of these so long as they stay on very well.
I've only been using it for a day but it's feels like it's stuck on well. I haven't tried pulling it off so I can't really tell how strong it's stuck on but it definitely feels like it's strong enough.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:33 PM   #9
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

I think if a phone needs a sling it's better suited as a tablet. I don't want a phone that needs said sling. Exceptions would include running as another poster stated.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 12:12 PM   #10
ThingSling
macrumors newbie

Michael from ThingSling

Hey Guys!

We're delighted about your interest in ThingSling. We are a tiny startup in St. Paul, Minnesota: Johnny the inventor, Connie the organizer, and me, the "marketer."

Johnny went to 3M in Minneapolis, where a materials researcher developed the adhesive. It's very strong all on surfaces except silicone and directly on the back of an iPhone 4. Because the iP4 surface is perfectly smooth, it's hard for any adhesive to get a good attachment. We recommend using a case or applying a screen protector to the back of iP4. We're working on a better solution for the next production run. ThingSling works great on all Android phones.

We will also have a choice of colors and custom branding available soon.

A portion of every purchase goes to support "Strap Ops" an initiative to make ThingSling free for citizen journalists. ThingSling has proven to be an ideal tool for holding a camphone for hours on end. So far we given away about 50 to livestreamers around the world, and they love it. Please pass on the word if you know someone who would benefit. thingsling.com/strap-ops

We've chosen to manufacture and assemble ThingSling right here in St. Paul, USA. We don't like the idea of overseas sweatshops and worker exploitation.

Final assembly and order fulfillment is completed by a local organization that employs people who are recovering from alcohol and drug addiction.

It is our mission to be a responsible member of the community and a good corporate citizen (although we're hardly "corporate").

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or provide any assistance.

Special thx to 3bs for giving us a mention :-)

-michael

thingsling.com
ThingSling is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 09:38 PM   #11
mikeydeezy
macrumors 6502a

Go Minneapolis/St.Paul!
mikeydeezy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories