Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When will the iMac be released? Whats your guess...

• 8. may

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • 15. may

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • 22. may

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • 29. may

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 5. june

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • 11. june (WWDC)

Votes: 11 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rvinther

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Denmark
Just thought we should have a place to gather all the info on slipping iMac shipping dates. It might be tomorrow (1. may) or much later, but lets keep updating this thread when we notice changes:) But lets keep talk about specifications and anything else not related to shipping dates off this thread.

Current :apple:Store iMac Status 17/5: (BTO are based on 27" with CPU upgrade)

US: In stock (BTO 1-3 business days) (no changes)
UK: In stock (BTO 1-3 business days)
DE: In stock (BTO 1-3 business days)
DK: Shipping in 1-2 days (BTO 1-3 business days)
SE: Shipping in 1-2 days (BTO 1-3 business days)
AU: In stock (BTO 1-3 business days)
NL: Shipping in 1-2 days (BTO 1-3 business days)
AT: In stock (BTO 1-3 business days)
CA: In stock (BTO 2-4 business days)

Others:
Amazon.com: In stock (not much movement in stock - little sale)
BestBuy: In stock also Canada
Amazon.co.uk: (not much movement in stock - little sale)
elgiganten.dk: all model out of stock (restocking dates between 25/5 and 8/6 -2012 on all models)
elgiganten.se: In stock - but low numbers, 1 out of stock no new arrival-date
Komplett.se: few In Stock
Argos,UK: some out of Stock (not updated)
Webhallen.com: mostly out of Stock (not updated)

Updating from posts but only 27" iMac:)

Last edited:

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I think you're jumping the gun a bit here mate. Germany has a bank holiday coming up si I think that is why they have delays. I hope I am wrong.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Are you guys are talking about the new iMacs ? or the old ones ? and if its new, then who will buy without knowing specs ?

By micro-tracking the shipping dates for old ones, people hope to get a clue that the new ones are showing up. It doesn't always work, but it's something to do. :)

Best Buy didn't seem to have any stock issues.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Imacs, MacBooks (All models) all in stock in the UK....I don't think we will learn much from tracking stock and availability....Apple have been known to just pull things prior to a new release.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Ok, so I just checked the Mac Pro shipping dates on the UK store, and it is also giving 5-7 days to ship. Has that slipped? The US sire has most of them in stock? Now I'm starting to think something may be happening. Wishful thinking maybe.

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
And do remember that the upcoming iMac release is delayed quite a bit since updates previous years, people overall, just as here on the forum, might be expecting new ones to come and hence aren't buying, resulting in larger stock than usual, hence rendering it perhaps a poorer indicator than normally.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
And do remember that the upcoming iMac release is delayed quite a bit since updates previous years, people overall, just as here on the forum, might be expecting new ones to come and hence aren't buying, resulting in larger stock than usual, hence rendering it perhaps a poorer indicator than normally.
Thats a good point. People are definitely holding off from buying Macs right now.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Ok, so I just checked the Mac Pro shipping dates on the UK store, and it is also giving 5-7 days to ship. Has that slipped? The US sire has most of them in stock? Now I'm starting to think something may be happening. Wishful thinking maybe.

It slipped today. This morning it was showing 1-3 days, then by the afternoon it slipped to 5-7 days, except for the 12 core which is showing 3-5 days.

A good indication is the third-party suppliers' stock level. Amazon.co.uk seems to all iMacs in stock, unfortunately.

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
It slipped today. This morning it was showing 1-3 days, then by the afternoon it slipped to 5-7 days, except for the 12 core which is showing 3-5 days.

A good indication is the third-party suppliers' stock level. Amazon.co.uk seems to all iMacs in stock, unfortunately.

As far as imac stock yes unfortuantely but Apple may just release new ones anyway. How long to they plan to hold off on a longes wait for imac, which all parts are in and its affordable vs Mac Pro

Logos327

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
iMac availability from 3rd party sources has actually increased in my area from about a week ago.

Sure, as one user posted, many people could be waiting for the refresh, and we should consider that the iMac is not as popular as the portables, however, I believe all of that is more wishful thinking than facts on the ground.

I'm guessing a two week minimum before we see them. I'd be really happy if I were wrong though!

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
In Canada, every iMac model is in stock.

If customized, there is a 2-4 days delay on shipping.

Hope it will help!

Last edited:

Mike Valmike

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2012
Chandler, Arizona
U.S., Arizona: All base models in stock, but any CTO pushes it to 2-4 days to ship and arrival on May 8th or 10th depending whether you want it at your door or the local Apple Store.

But it's been like this for a week now so no actual change.

rvinther

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Denmark
Just thought we should have a place to gather all the info on slipping iMac shipping dates. It might be tomorrow (1. may) or much later, but lets keep updating this thread when we notice changes:) But lets keep talk about specifications and anything else not related to shipping dates off this thread.

Current :apple:Store Status 3/5:

US: In stock
UK: In stock
DE: In stock
DK: In stock
SE: In stock
AU: In stock
NL: In stock
Austria: In stock
Canada: In stock

Others:
Amazon.com: In stock (Stock increased)
BestBuy: In stock
Amazon.co.uk: In stock (iMac called may 2011)
elgiganten.dk: Out of stock - restocking between 8/5 - 8/6

Updating from posts but only iMac:)

3rd party retailer in DK out of stock, thats interesting...

Logos327

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
I think because the iMac is not as popular as the MBPs for example, we will likely see them in stock at the apple store (physical and online) until the new ones are released.

We should focus more on 3rd party retailers as they will show a supply shortage (if there will even be one) much sooner than HQ.

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2012
Mac Pros all seem to have slipped to 4 days for shipping on the UK store.

iMacs still at immediate

Onns

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
One of Norway´s biggest (if not THE biggest) electronics webshop has only ONE of the iMac models/configurations left in stock. Three of the models are "unconfirmed May 7th" and "unconfirmed May 18th"... The rest (five) are "ordered by request only", and no confirmed or unconfirmed dates whatsoever.

Another Scandinavian webshop, Cdon.com has been selling different iMacs with up to 18% discount lately.

Not sure if this means anything at all, just thought I should share :)

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
One of Norway´s biggest (if not THE biggest) electronics webshop has only ONE of the iMac models/configurations left in stock. Three of the models are "unconfirmed May 7th" and "unconfirmed May 18th"... The rest (five) are "ordered by request only", and no confirmed or unconfirmed dates whatsoever.

Another Scandinavian webshop, Cdon.com has been selling different iMacs with up to 18% discount lately.

Not sure if this means anything at all, just thought I should share :)

Idk either but its one small piece of juice in a while ill take it

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Something is definately happening here in scandinavia, two stores that are part of the company "Komplett Group" (which claims to be the largest online-chain in scandinavia for electronics) have very very few iMacs left, for 5-6 configurations there's 2-3 left in each, and a few are completely out of stock, and it seems new shipments are coming May 11, though this date is marked as "not yet confirmed".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.