Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
I want to make custom graphics in Photoshop and put them on my still camera to run them to TV using the built-in slideshow function.

I save JPEGs of the proper pixel size, and re-use filenames (numbers) of images that came FROM the camera. (In fact, I pasted my image over a dummy photo that's still on the camera and re-saved directly there, with Photoshop's "Standard" JPEG option.)

But the camera refuses to recognize images I make--only its own. It shows a question mark on-screen instead.

What kinds of issues should I be researching to make this work? (It's a Pentax, FWIW.)

Thanks for any leads!

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
I had the same problem with my Sony DSC-P8, only way i could get it to work was to resave the file with preview, even then it could take a couple of attempts

Same with my dads fuji something, they seem to be extremely fussy about the images

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Same problem with my Nikon CoolPix 990. Frustrating as I had wanted to use it this way. But it hasn't been important enough to figure out the solution. :) :( :)

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Next thing I'll try is different JPEG settings in Pshop, and including a Preview. Maybe different color profiles too.

It's low-priority though since my iPod Photo does the task automatically--with music :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.